Rylencia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Role Playing Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dimension Hopper and the Demon Girl.

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Dimension Hopper and the Demon Girl. Empty The Dimension Hopper and the Demon Girl. Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:54 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Theresa did not even have to duck as she scampered through the wooden door set in the side of a small hill. The tunnel beyond was earthen and dark, with torches mounted along each wall. Behind Theresa trotted her faithful companion, The Regal Mister Cherry Tart. A few feet behind the Demonic canine a human Man and his companion also slipped through the door. The man had to stoop over slightly, as the tunnel had been build just the right size, if you are a gnome, Though every one else in the party fit quite comfortably. The tunnel twisted and wound its way deep into the earth and very soon they had left the hill behind.

"I cannot wait to see the gnome!" The small girl exclaimed. her fingers played over the lace of her pink dress excitedly as she lead the group towards Nomfoodle, The Gnomish Capital of Zaladria.

https://www.facebook.com/tabitha49

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

"Ow," Alopex muttered as he bumped his head on the low ceiling of the tunnel.

"Watch your head," Kya said from in front of him. She was small enough that the ceiling was no trouble to her, but due to the nature of their bond if one of them hurt both of them hurt.

She trotted up to walk besides the demon. He had been guarded so far with Alopex but perhaps he'd take to her a bit more. "Does this entire city have such low ceilings?" she asked.

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Xelquris glanced side ways at the fox that had appeared next to him. With out breaking his stride, he leaned his snout a few millimeters in her direction and sniffed. His eyebrows quirked as the scent hit him. Like no Demon he had ever smelt. He looked suspiciously at the animal.

"The ceilings are not so low everywhere, no. How ever many of the doors are, and most of the furniture. Your Master is going to have a rather difficult time navigating some places." He informed her, referring to the human, now winding his way into a city built for a creature half his height.

The Demon weighted the outcomes in his mind, and added in a not at all offensive way. "What are you?"

Theresa paid no mind to the conversation between her demon, and this mans Dæmon. She simply made her way through the earthen tunnel, Her finger tips dragging along the cold walls to either side of herself, as she carefully placed her feet, so to avoid any rocks, or roots, and holes.

Last edited by TabiCat on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

"I'm not a demon I'm a dæmon," Kya said to Xelquris. "It's pronounced the same but spelled differently. Me and him are actually the same being. He split his soul years back and I gained a body of my own. I'm basically those personality traits every human has but most don't pay attention to; such as the inner woman, the conscience, and so on.

She continued trotting next to the demon but thought to Alopex. <[I guess your crouching. Unless you wanna use a shrinking spell.>

<[Maybe.> He thought back. <[We'll see how bad it is.> Then to Theresa he called. "So do you see any gnomes up there kid."

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Theresa stopped walking and stared over her shoulder at Alopex with a sharp expression at being addressed as 'kid'. One eyebrow quirked, she gazed at him for a few seconds before again looking ahead of herself and making her way through the tunnel. "No. No gnomes. But I do hope we get there soon, I do not want to talk down this small hallway much longer." The girl whined.

Distracted by the short conversation, Theresa stumbled on a root protruding from the ground.

<If you say so> Xalquris thought nonjudgmentally in the Kya's direction, as he trotted along next to her. And then, the demon dog darted forward, very much with out warning. His strong jowls snapped shut on a large mouthful of crinoline and lace. Being as careful as her could to not rip the girls dress.

Theresa Hung in mid air, her arms held out in front of her fretfully. Once realizing she was saved, the young girl righted herself and thanked her guardian with a pat on the head. She reached into a pocket sewn into the front of her dress and produced a small Cherry tart, which she held out in the center of her palm.

Cherry tart sniffed the Cherry tart for a fraction of a second before snapping it up out of Theresa hand. and resuming his position trailing behind her, next to the arctic fox.

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

<[That's one nice, or well trained demon.> Alopex thought to Kya. <[Wonder what their connection is?>

<[I could ask.> Kya thought back as the demon drew level with her once again.

"So how did you two meet," she said out loud to the horned dog from hell. "Excuse me if it's a rude question but you two seem like an odd pair."

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

The four had been walking down the curving, earthy hallway for a while, with no sign of a door, or connecting tunnel. And then, all of a sudden, a gnome appeared. He scampered out of a tunnel in one side, and straight into another. His bulbous nose jammed deep between the pages of an old leather bound book. He did not even notice the strange group of people just to his left.

And then two more, made an appearance, from behind a carved wooden door. These gnomes caught site of the approaching visitors, and started whispering quickly to one another, as the scurried down another hallway.

Only a few steps further along, thee gnomes spilled out into the passage. Tumbling, and pulling, and falling over one another. They shouted vulgarity and threats, and tugged each others hair and ears. In a moment, all three gnomes, noticed they had an audience. All at once, their skirmish died, and they stood in a line, facing the outsiders. Their cloths were torn and dirt smudged, and two of them had blood dripping from their noses.

The Tallest gnome, standing on the right, and the only one who's nose was not blooded, spoke up, his voice was lower then you'd expect it to be, and had an almost authoritative tone to it.

"'Ello There. I'm bein' Bipper, This, my Sister Pipper, and our brother, Dibber. We were just.. uh, rough housin' Sorry to have startled yous. Welcome to Nomfoodle. Come in peace!.. and watch yous head!" Bipper added his last bit of advice as he glanced toward the ceiling into the crouching humans face.

And as quickly as the siblings had appeared, they vanished behind a door. Which Dibber slammed rather aggressively.

Clicking, and whirring, and spinning, and metal grinding on metal could be heard drifting down the hall way for some time now, Made increasingly noticeable in the stunning silence that followed the disappearance of the feisty gang of gnomes.

Alopex, Theresa, and their d(a)emons only had to walk a few minutes more before the tunnel they were in, opened up into an incredibly immense cave. Stories and Stories deep. They were in the Great Hall of Nomfoodle. A egg shaped cavern the gnomes had carved out themselves. floors lined the walls around the edge, with rails, opening each floor, so that if some one leaned over and looked down, they would see story upon story of floors, built deep into the earth, so deep that there was no bottom in site.

Various smaller Halls, And tunnels, and doors lead off this main area, as Nomfoodle sprawled out beneath the country side. In the Center of the Great hall, which was in fact the center of the entire city itself, was built to most intricate, complicated, monstrous piece of machinery, Rylencia had ever witnessed.

It buzzed, and clicked, and droned on as so many mechanisms worked away. Arms extended from it, Cogs of enormous magnitude turned slowly, working smaller gears. Smaller and smaller, some gears were no bigger then a gnomes pinkie finger nail.

If you could see the bottom of this machine, you would know its true purpose. Shovels bigger then if they were made for giant, were digging their way deeper and deeper into the earth. Drills of so many different sizes now laid dormant, waiting to unleash their spinning fury.

From the group position in the Great Hall, what they could see, was that it moved items up and down the levels. Resources, it pulled up from the bottom, supplies it ferried to the lower levels.

Gnomes were EVERYWHERE! Bustling in and out of doorways, up and down stair cases. Some where even hanging on pulley systems attached to the machine its self, covered in grease, and wielding wrenches.

Everything in the city was small, but compared to the ginormous clockwork device, everything else seemed diminutive. Every doorway was short, the ceilings where low. The chairs were small, and the tables were small, the beds were small, even the cutlery was so tiny. Gnomes seemed to have no sense, that any one larger then they might need use of something in their city.

A blood curtailing scream cut through the buzzing and chattering that echoed through the great hall. In a single moment, ever set of eyes with the capacity to see were pointed at a single gnome girl, who was now hanging suspended in mid air, upside down, with nothing attached to her. With out the sound of bustling feet, her voice echoed even louder then usual now. "Sorry, I slipped." was all she said, and every other person in the hall, turned, and simply went about their business.

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Alopex and Kya gazed about the cavern, using two sets of eyes to see everything twice as fast. Gnome civilizations were always fun to visit, the mix of tiny funny people in large numbers and advanced technology was always a laugh. This one was especially interesting because of the great machine in the center, it seemed to be moving things between the city’s levels but that seemed too simple for something so big and intricate. They would need to get a better look at it before leaving.

Alopex glanced at the young girl next to him but the intimidating demon beside her proved he didn’t need to look out for her. He walked out to the edge of the central hole to get a better look at the machine. It was from this vantage that he was able to hear the floating woman arguing with a man in a vest the orange universally accepted for safety up on the scaffolding. He seemed to be the one keeping her from falling by pointing a glowing ring at her.

“Get me to the ground you idiot,” she yelled to the man.

“This isn’t exactly easy you know,” he shouted back through gritted teeth.

“Get me down, get me down, get me down,” she shrieked kicking and struggling in the magical grip.

“Hey if you don’t stop struggling I’ll drop you,” the man’s squeaky voice in exasperation.

This was the wrong thing to say to a woman suspended in the middle of the air. “Don’t drop me, don’t drop me, don’t drop me,” she started screaming and kicked her legs still more frantically and flapped her arms like a bird.

“Excuse me,” Alopex called to the gnome woman. “Do you want a hand?”

“I can handle this,” the orange vested man yelled at Alopex. “Stop it now,” he yelled at the woman shaking his ring causing her to spin in the air. This was enough for the woman.

“Help, help, help,” she screamed. “He’s going to kill me.”

Alopex sized up the distance and the angle to the woman. As he did Kya ran up his back using her claws to grip his trench coat and slipped inside his pack. The bag was much bigger on the inside than it appeared but rather than go into it depths she turned and popped her head out the top once again. She knew exactly what the two of them would be doing and didn’t want to risk being separated from him.

Once he had calculated out what he was about to do he focused on his toes. If he were to take off his boots you would see that on each toe an arrow was inscribed with magic paint. As he focused on the arrow he whispered the command words for the spell locked within the arrow seal. “Boost Arrow,” he said in his own native tongue of English, a language alien to Rylencia.

At once the arrow seal on one of his toes disappeared and a larger version of it appeared on the ground beneath him pointing to the gnome woman. The effects of the arrow were immediate, he was thrown in the direction it pointed as if he had been shot out of a cannon. He flew right at the gnome at great speed putting out his and grabbing her as he passed. The whole time Kya had watched the level they had been on and calculated t\how much they had dropped and what angle at what speed would take them back. She shared her calculations with Alopex In a micro second and he muttered the spell again. This time the arrow appeared in thin air below them pointing back up to where Teresa and Cherry Tart stood. The arrow stopped the three of them short, and Alopex was able to spin around during the half second they were stopped so he was facing the ledge when the arrow propelled him back the way he had come.

As he passed back over the ground he put his legs down, trusting the shock absorbing enchantments in his boots to protect him from the impact as he skidded to a landing throwing up clouds of dust. He bent down depositing the gnome woman on to the ground.

“Thank you kindly sir,” she said saluting him. “But I should get back to work.”

“You’re welcome,” Alopex replied as she turned and ran off to get back to the level she had fallen from.

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

The commotion in the center of Nomfoodle had begun to bore Theresa. She silently wandered away while Alopex's attention was on the bickering gnomes. With Xalquris at her heels the young girl made her way down a hall way, and then another, and then another. The halls got smaller, and darker as she went, though they were at least cleaner then the grease and smog filled Grand Chamber.

She came to stand in front of a carved wooden door, the perfect size for the little girl. The sign above the arched doorway displayed bubbley script that Theresa could not read. She turned the nob and pushed inside the dusty shop.

It was lit by a hundred candles, in different colored glass holders. The whole shop seemed to glow in flickering rainbows. The walls were nearly covered with hanging pictures. Some frames taller then the gnomes who crafted them. Some no bigger then a small stone. The pictures were beautiful hand painted landscapes, or people, more often, Machines with intricate gears, and occasionally even Diagrams of how the machines where put together. No customers where in the Art shop. Only a lone gnome man behind the counter. he looked to be about 250 years old, and all the hair had fallen out of his head, except for a grey tuft above his forehead, that grew straight into the air.

The man seemed to be snoozing, slumped over on stool hidden behind the stores counter. Theresa walked along the walls, running her hands along the Paintings, and around their frames. She walked by a painting of a machine built to cook breakfast entirely on its own, and as Theresa inspected the picture, she walked into a table, that had been put against the wall, with glass vase resting upon it.

The table toppled, and the vase, which had been painted with patterns that resembled interlocking gears, crashed to the floor, shattering into a million tiny shards. The shop owner woke with a start, and fell right out of his seat. He quickly pushed himself up and ran from behind the counter. There he stood in the middle of his shop, staring at Theresa, Appalled at what she had done.

"Get out!" he scretched " Get out, get out, get out!" He was furious and ripped out some of the very little hair he had left.

Theresa just giggled. She hit the end of her staff to the ground, and a slash of water fell over the gnomes head, as if an invisible bucket had just been emptied on him. He shrieked and ran towards Theresa.

Cherry Tart growled, and leaned back on his hind legs. Theresa just patted him on the head, as she waved her staff in circles. Ropes audibly popped into existence, out of thin air, and begin to wrap themselves around the man. It happened to fast for him to escape. and soon he looked like he had the unfortunate chance to encounter a giant spider, that had spun him up so tight, with his arms and legs bound, he could no longer move so much as an inch.

Theresa giggled again and flashed a very evil grin at the man, whos head was still exposed. His eyes filled with Terror as he looked at the llittle girl standing in his store. This is not what he was expecting when he woke up this morning. Silently, to himself, he cursed ' the big people' and prayed to his god that he would return home to his family tonight.

With a flick of her wrist Theresa sent the man flying through the air. She tied the end of the rope around a rafter in the ceiling, with another wave. and there she left the poor owner of the art shop. Hanging, upside down.

Theresa stood there giggling as she watched the man squirm through the air, wrapped in ropes, he looked like a maggot, squirming around gleefully in festering meat.

Xalquris sat silently at her side, and after a few minutes Theresa shrugged and turned, bouncing out of the shop. Following her Demon, the pair made there way back to the grand chamber of the gnome city. Theresa skipped up Alopex, and grabbed his head, She smiled up at him, sweet and Innocently. "The gnomes are fun" She said with a giggle "I like it here. What are we going to do now?"

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Alopex looked down at the small girl gripping his hand and smiled. "These guy are pretty hilarious," he said nodding at the gnomes banging around on the large machine. He wanted to look at the big machine but felt that it would bore his little friend to tears so he decided to save that for later. Instead he took another look at the safety man and his ring, he was back to work now using his ring to levitate a pile of girders up to a higher level, and he wasn't the only one using a magic ring. There were gnomes all around the machine using rings to weld steel, drive bolts, and clean out the soot and grease from between cogs.

Not only did the work team have rings but a lot of the population had them too. A little gnome woman was using a ring to water her begonias in front of a shop. Above their heads a number of gnomes were flying to and fro propelled by more glowing rings. Even one of the lowly street sweepers was to be seen sucking trash into his own ring.

"Well lets see," Alopex muttered thinking of a way to convince Theresa to come with him. "I bet a beautiful little girl like you loves jewelry. Everyone around here seems to be wearing the latest magic rings. If we can find where ever they're sold I'll treat you to a few."

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Theresa squealed with glee, squeezing Alopex's fingers tighter. "I do love jewelry! 'specially magic jewelry. Where is the shop? You can buy me something." She spoke as though her new travelling companion had offered nothing.

The two humans, and their two companions set off at a stroll, making their way around the complex machine that filled the center of Nomfoodle. They walked slowly, Theresa's short legs not enough to keep up with an adults pace. She glanced at shop signs as she passed, pretending to read them, as Xalquris read the name off in her head.

They had hardly walked a hundred yards when Theresa suddenly halted. She tugged hard on Alopex's arm when he continued to walk.

"This is booring. We are neever going to find the store. I don't want to walk around this WHOLE city." She put on her best whining voice, and pushed her bottom lip out in a pout.

Xalquris was more then used to his charges absurd temper tantrums. He paid little mind, or at least pretended to, giving this new comer a chance to deal with Theresa's demands. He took the opportunity instead, to plod behind the pair of humans to the white fox at the mans heels. He approached her silently and with caution, his pointy noise sniffing at the foxes tail end.

Theresa was still pouting, refusing to move her feet when a gnome exited the nearest shop, crossing their would be path. But this gnome wasn't walking, his short legs would be far too inefficient at that in such a large city. Instead he was floating, sitting cross-legged in a small legless chair. The chair was carved beautifully from dark wood, and outfitted with velvet cushions. It scooted along through the air effortlessly. The little girls crystal blue eyes grew wide and she pointed straight at the small man.

"I want one of THOSE" Theresa demanded.

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Alopex and Kya strolled down the street besides their new companions happily observing the sights. When the hellhound decided to sniff Kya's butt she smiled and sniffed his butt back. Being an animal allowed them both to experience all the normal animal social interactions. Though most animals seemed to regard Kya as peculiar they usually liked her well enough. And Cherry Tart wasn't even a true animal either he was a demon of some kind.

"Oh hey, that's cool," Alopex remarked upon seeing the little gnome in his floating chair. It looked incredibly comfortable and he was pleased by something to placate the bratty little girl beside him. "Did you get that thing in here." He motioned to the shop the gnome had just floated out of.

"Why yes my good...man," he said in a bombastic tone turning in the air to greet them. "This fine establishment belongs to my close personal friend Meloxi. My name is Regold the 27th, my family is one of the original founding families of this fine city. In fact I often come here to the Throne of Clouds to mingle with lesser people like yourselfs."

"Um ok," Alopex muttered. {Lets go in before he tells us his whole lifes story.} Kya thought to him. Alopex agreed with this and before the gnome could go on he had said a quick thank you and pulled Theresa into the store with him.

Inside the shop was large and open with a thick carpet and fluffy tapestries lining the walls. Floating chairs similar to the one the gnome was riding in were organized in lines throughout the shop, with small wooden platforms placed about sporting larger and more opulent flying chairs. there were even a few flying couches about for families to travel together.

They were just in the door when a gnome in a fancy suit with slicked back hair trotted up to them smiling. "Welcome to Throne of Clouds," he said brightly. "I'm bergamete and I'm here to accommodate your transportation and comfort needs."

Last edited by Alopex on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Theresa hurried along side Alopex with Cherry Tart in toe. Once inside the shop, which seemed overly clean and shiny compared to the soot and grease filled hallway they just left, The young girl slipped her hand free of the mans fingers. While Alopex was roped into a conversation by the exorbitantly grandiloquent salesman.

Theresa wandered off down an isle. Floating chairs, carved from many different kinds of woods, and upholstered in even more of a variety of fabrics floated in perfect rows. The chairs hovered a few inches above the ground, but did not sink when pressed down upon. Theresa climbed onto one carved from white wood, with sickeningly pink cushions. She jumped up and down a few times, the billowing layers of lace and crinoline, under her pink bowed dress bouncing wildly. She let out a quiet giggle and leapt to the nearest chair, her dress puffing out around her as it filled with air while she fell. She jumped again, bounding from floating seat to floating seat. The black soot that had accumulated on the bottom of her shiny black mary janes left greasy footprints on every chair she landed on.

Xalquris kept close to Theresa, in case she might tumble down, he could catch her before she hit the floor. He cringed slightly when he noticed the mess the young girl was making, as if jumping all over the merchandise wouldn't get them all in enough trouble.

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

"It's good to meet you, Bergamete," Alopex said bending down to shake the small mans hand. He gestured towards where Theresa and Cherry Tart ran off. "Kya could you go keep an eye on our friends?"

"You read my mind," she joked and dipped her head toward Bergamete in a bow before scampering off to find the little girl and her demon.

Bergamete quirked an eyebrow at the exchange between man and fox, but didn't remark probably to avoid causing any kind of hiccup with his sale. He had a desperate, almost sexual need to unload a few chairs on the wanderer. Even without his mask on Alopex could pick up a lot of his thought vibrations. It was astounding how many thoughts an unguarded brain broadcast without any kind of true mind reading.

They started walking down the aisles with the stocky gnome reciting information on the various kinds of floating seats. While he pretended to listen to this remarkably not dry talk of thread counts and height differentials Alopex was listening to his thought vibrations. Despite all his prattle he knew that none of these chairs were designed to lift an adult human. That only made him more excited to complete this deal, It evoked in him the memory of a fairy tale he'd loved as a child about a cunning merchant selling flint and tinder to a dragon.

They passed another sales-gnome and he smiled cordially and said hello but inside his head was nothing but loathing. His competitive vibrations were on par with those of a blood crazed gladiator, he wanted to get ahead of these others, sell more and make more, own the whole floating chair business.

"Here's something I notice Bergy," Alopex cut him off in mid-sentence. "Not one of these chairs is wide enough for my fat ass." His smile never wavered but inside his head he began to let lose a horrid screeching thought. Alopex stepped up to one of the hovering chairs and put one foot down on it pushing it to the floor. "Not a chance I'm riding anywhere in that. But I do have an idea that could end up getting you a promotion." He pushed the little floating chair off its platform, feeling the wild confusion from Bergamete. As he had predicted though the little man would do anything for a promotion and watched eagerly as Alopex pulled out a piece of wizard chalk and began drawing seals on the platform.

Kya quickly found Theresa and The Regal Mister bouncing down the aisles and fell in beside the demon. "You seem distressed by the chaos," she said to the quiet demon.

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

"Distressed? No my dear. There is only so many times you can watch a rambunctious child destroy a shop and be thrown out before it become monotonous." 

Theresa was springing from chair to chair flawlessly and quickly growing bored herself. She manage to pull her attention away from herself for a moment and caught a glance of Alopex. He looked like he may be up to something interesting, or at least as though he may be causing some grief for the store clerk, so Theresa made her way towards that section of the shop, taking a path that ensure the most destruction of property. 

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Bergamete watched with trepidation but Alopex could also feel a reasonable optimism.  One of his older sisters was a wizard of some talent and his mind conjured up memories of the work she did for comparison.  Alopex recognized her showing off a well drawn phase displacement spell when they were teenagers and some of the symbols were very close. 

Within a few minutes the platform bore a pentagonal array of seals and spells written in the glittery chalk.  He stood back off the platform and motioned to his salesman friend to do the same.  Holding his hand over the seals he summoned up his own magic focusing on the spell mechanics he was invoking.  The seals began glowing orange burning brighter and brighter until suddenly they turned the darkest black imaginable.  Bergamete cowered back lit by orange light that was still being produced even though the seal was so black.

Alopex muttered a few passwords in the language oh the Void and pulled with his aura grasping what he sought.  It grew into existence before them, a green plush chair sized for a human and bearing a small wooden handle on the side. 

"Allow me to introduce you to the next step in relaxation," Alopex declared theatrically stepping up to the chair and sitting down.  "This is called a lazy boy recliner and it will change your business.  It's made of a cotton fabric, is stuffed with goose down, and the structure is made of wood and metal.  But that structure is rather cleverly designed, I've noticed a lot of clockwork technology around but you gnomes haven't applied it to sitting comfortably yet."  He reached down to the wooden handle and pulled it.  Bergamete gasped as the chair back reclined to a more relaxed sudo laying position, and the front transformed into a rest that suspended the legs.  The little gnome circled around the chair fascinated, Alopex saw that he was a carpenter here as well as a salesman and was curious how this piece of technology worked. 

"It even has a cup holder," Alopex gestured to the small holes in the armrests that would allow the sitter to not spill their drinks without the need for a table.  "Now of coarse exactly how this chair works is a national secret.  But if you agree to enchant this chair to fly like these others, and perhaps give me one of the little ones for my friend, I'll allow you to learn how this chair works and you'll be able to create a line of floating reclining chairs.  You'll demolish every other furniture company in this world."

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Theresa mumbled, her lips moving quickly, but hardly any sound escaped, the flashily decorated scepter she perpetually carried around sprouted a shining curved blade from the end. As the young trouble maker made her way between the rows of hovering seats, she very purposefully raked the point of the razor sharp blade through the plush cushions of the seats to her left. The innards spilled out of the gashes, littering the floor with couch guts, but the extra sharp edge of the conjured blade glided through the cloth silently; unfortunately for the shop keeper, who was in for a very rude surprise when Alopex finally lost his attention.

Xalquris trailed behind his charge wordlessly, he picked his way through the fluff that rained down across the paneled floor. He turned to look at Kya, and blew a sharp breath out of his large nose, sending a light piece of cotton to sail through the air towards the vixens face.

"Trust me, I found it fun the first hundred times." He almost laughed and the demon smiled the best smile a dog face could manage.

Last edited by TabiCat on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

"Wow she's incredibly destructive just for the hell of it," Kya responded to the demon.  Of coarse through their connection everything she saw was also seen by Alopex.  As he negotiated his deal with the gnomish salesman who was quite literally salivating at the thought of the profits he'd make off this chair he couldn't help grinning at the sheer chaotic nature his new companion was portraying.

{Praise Eris, looks like we found a good little girl.}  He thought to Kya while passing off his grin as joy at striking a good deal with Bergamete.

{I'm not sure if good is an apropos description of our new friend.} She replied.  {Chances are this won't bode well for your deal.}

{True} he remarked.  {Would you care setting up a perception filter so nobody notices till we're gone.}

{Sure no problem.} She trotted away from Mister Cherry Tart off to her human.  Alopex in the meantime started debating with Bergamete about copyrights and ensuring he remained the legal originator of the Lazy Boy©.  He could read that Bergamete had no grasp of legal terminology or much knowledge of law so of coarse most of what he was saying was completely made up just to bamboozle the poor gnome.  And while he struggled to figure out which party of what part he was he completely missed Alopex drop a small pouch of powder to the ground behind him, and didn't see the white fox dash over and scoop the powder up in her jaws.

The pouch contained the powdered remains of a mindflayer's tentacles.  This powder had extremely potent psychic properties and was a great help for casting large scale illusions.  Kya tore a small hole in the bag with her teeth and sprinted up and down the aisles Theresa had destroyed spreading dust everywhere.  With this accomplished she trotted to the center of where the destroyed chairs were and began drawing mana for the spell.  As an extension of Alopex it was simple for her to draw on his mana and use it as she wished.

"Αυταπατώμεθα όλοι αντιλαμβάνονται αυτές τις καρέκλες, ώστε η ζημιά περνάει απαρατήρητο," she intoned in Greek.  As she and her human worshiped a Greek goddess back on earth the language of ancient Greece was their preferred method of casting verbal spells.  This also had the added benefit of being completely unintelligible to the locals.

The effect of the spell was unremarkable as to be expected of any spell meant to conceal.  No flash of light or clap of thunder.  Instead Kya suddenly found it extremely hard to look at the damaged parts of the chair directly.  Only through intense concentration on her knowledge that they were all in tatters could she actually see that they were.  The spell would only last a few hours but after all they only needed to finish this deal and leave.

She returned to Cherry Tart's side just as Alopex was finishing up with Bergamete.  "Problem solved," she said smiling.  "We'll be long gone by the time the realize what happened."

"Okay gang," Alopex announced walking up to them.  "The nice Mister Bergamete is going to let you take a flying chair Theresa so pick the one you want.  You to Cherry if you want one.  And I'll come back for mine later."  The last bit he directed at the gnome who was red in the face he was so excited.

"Why yes just give us a day to enchant it and create a version of our own and you can pick it up," he smiled over at Theresa.  "So young lady what color would you like?"

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

This Time Zalquris couldn't help by laugh, a strange bark erupted from his throat. 'Like I need a chair to fly' the demon scoffed silently. Zal glanced over his shoulder to watch as Thereas began running up and down the few isles she hadn't destroyed trying to pick out her new gift. For a second a horrible image ran though his mind.
    The overstuffed sickeningly pink chair Theresa was now jumping on, covered in flowers, and obviously belonged in the sitting room of a grandmother. It was strapped to his back, with his sweet girl sitting in it, demanding him to 'giddy. up.'  
   I shiver ran down the exposed bones of the dogs spine, and he shook his horned head.

"This one! This one! This one! This one!" Never did it occur to the girl to utter a please, and thank you. She stared at Alopex with her ice blue eyes as if daring him to say she couldn't have it. She jumped into the air, and fell down on her bottom, her poofy dress fluffing up around her. She settled down into the deep cushion, and commanded. "Up!"
   The chair didn't moved. Simply hovered in the same place it always had. and Theresas face screwed it's self up in anger "Up!" The girl yelled this time. The chair still didn't budge. a horrible ear splitting squeal filled the store. "MAKE IT GO!" She screamed in the whiniest tone she could muster.

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

"Oh no need to get upset mam," Bergamete hurriedly said stepping forward.  "You see you can control where to go just by thinking about it.  First though you have to take ownership of it."

The gnome salesman reached into one of the chairs cushions and retrieved a small wand no more than six inches long.  He promptly handed it over to Theresa.

"Now just say your name out loud, and then say mihi locomoto sedes."

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

"Mihi locomoto sedes" Theresa spat out, flicking the wand, and then beating it against the arm of her new mobile seat. The chair hovered up a foot or two, and began puttering around the room at a lazy pass. The small malicious grin grinned wide and she floated around, surveying and admiring her work of chaos. Fluff and stray bits of cloth littered the floor, dozen of arm chairs guts spilled out. She Turn toward the door. "Lets go Alopex' She nearly commanded, her nose in the air as her chair motored toward and through the door of the shoppe.

"Thank you" Zalquris whispered in Alopexs head. He may be evil, but he still had manors, Something is tiny associate had let to see a use for. He nudged Kyas shoulder with the tip of is cold nose "You have a nice master."

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Alopex grinned and followed the small girl out of the shop.  Out in the main cave he could hear the rumble of the great engine down below.  In his time he had seen a great many digging machines across the multiverse but non this big.  "How about we try out your new chair," he declared to the group. "Let's head to the bottom, see the whole hole."

"Yeah a stroll would be lovely," Kya agreed with him.  She trotted out beside him setting a pace the little girl on her chair could easily keep up with.  "Let's go."

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

A faintest of humming hummed as the pink cushioned chair floated smoothly down the dingy poorly lit hallways and balconies.

The street seemed to wind round and round the open central chamber. Forever sloping downward. Shops and smiths and homes and archways to tunnels lines the left. The right was sometimes a wall, sometimes a fenced balcony. The massive digging machine could be seen from every angle.

As the four walked (and floated) deeper into the earth, closer to the bottom of the digger the voracious machine roared and clicked and boomed louder and louder as it tore through the earth.

"I'm hungry" Theresa announced as is simply doing so would make the food appear in front of her. They just happened to be passing a sweet shop.

A bright green sign hung in the window. It looked like the shop owner tried furiously to keep the window clean, but still soot and dust caked around the edges. The sign illuminated the portion of the road it faced, advertising 'nomfoodles favorite coffee'

Xalquris smiled his tired old man smile and simply started making his way into -lahfii's coffees-

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Alopex and Kya drank in the sights as they descended with the little floating princess. They mostly studied the digging contraption which was fascinating. As they descended the digger parts got newer and more advance, it was like a timeline of the gnomes technological development cog wheels and wind-up generators gave way to boilers and steam vents.

When Theresa declared that she was hungry Alopex's own stomach was beginning to rumble as well. He followed her into lahfii's coffees to find her hovering over to a table. He walked over to one of the servers and sidled in close.

"Hi I'm here with my niece," he whispered so Theresa couldn't hear. "Could you bring us a few menus and under no circumstances bring her anything with caffeine in it."

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

The inside of the coffee shop had a empty minimalialst feel. There was nothing soft of comfy. The tables and chairs were both metal squares. The floor was white tile surrounded by dingy grout.

About half the tables were full of gnomes and other smaller races. Chatting and sipping steming drinks. Three gnomes bustled around wearing greasy overalls; One was scrubbing the walls with a large sponge in a long stick. One was on his hands and knees scrubbing the floor tiles with a miniature scrub brush. The third was washing down the chairs and tables, rubbing them till the dull metal almost had a shine. Waitresses bounced between tables taking and bring orders in shoot grey uniforms. The whole shop was rather devoid of color except for the shining green sign that flooded the cold room with a lime glow.

Xalquris bit the leg of a chair and dragged it away from an empty table. The room feel quiet for a moment while the sound of metal scrapping tiled screeched. Chatting imwdiatly resumed though as Theresa floated up to the table. She reached down to pat The Regal Mister Cherry Tart on the head before he curled up, laying down under her floating chair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum