Rylencia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Role Playing Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Druid City of Faedwark

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Druid City of Faedwark Empty The Druid City of Faedwark Fri May 11, 2012 4:59 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

The moon was shining high in the sky, full and bright and beautiful. Moonbeams cut their way through the thick foliage over head, to form spire like columns of light, that made any plant they landed, on glow with lunar sparkles. Tonight the moonbeams also cast there light on the bristling fur of a beast. A large black bear trundled through the undergrowth. Snapping surprisingly few branches as she ran between the trees. Her large mass moving at a brisk pace. As she ran, she began to rise to her hind legs, her body, deforming it's self. The lunar-spires glistened off rippling muscle. And suddenly, as if no bear had ever existed in the first place, a woman's body was sprinting through the forest.

But not any woman, an Orakin of all kinds to be found in a forest. And she did seem rather bear like in appearance. And then, all of a sudden, she stopped. Dead in her tracks. She was standing in a clearing, flooded with silver moonlight.

As calmly as though she had not just run for miles, she approached a very vast tree. So vast, that if a dozen Alkerri were holding hands, they would still not be able to wrap all the way around the trunk. And she knocked. And she waited. And then she knocked again. And she waited some more. She waited patiently, simply inspecting the bark of the tree she had drummed on. And finally a door in the tree opened. The orakin, showed no sign of surprise, as if Trees opening their bark to you happened every single day.

In through the curved door way, and up a flight of stairs. The stairs looked as though they had been grown straight out of the tree its self. The tree was entirely hallow, and the stairs wound up and up, spiraling around the outer wall. Until the Orakin reached another door.

The woman stood on a huge wooden platform, that was made in a similar process as the stairs. Several small building dotted the platform. and beyond them, through the foliage, other similar platforms could be seen. The Tree City of Faedwark, Home of the Druids. And of Juku. A vast series of platforms, and stairs, and ramps and lifts. The druids were a collective of most every race, and lived peacefully with the forest. Caring for it, as it cared for them.

Juku strolled up ramps, and across bridges, until she found the building her feet has carried her too, nearly with out instruction. She greeted and waved at friends and strangers as she went, with a merry smile on her face.

The Leafy Caterpillar. The largest of the few Taverns built in the tree tops city. and Jukus favorite watering hole. She sat down at an empty table, that she knew wouldn't be empty for long, as she had many friends that would most definitely sit down to have a drink and say hello.

Juku waved two of her thick hairy fingers at the bartender, a gruff looking, older Owl Avorial man. He wore simple robs, that very much complimented the brownish grey of his feathers. He looked wide awake and excited as the moon and stars shown down from over head, where a ceiling should have been. his feather rustled and flapped, as he busied his way along behind the bar. He made his way over to Juku, and placed a pint of sweet honey mead down in front of her.

"Hows it going little miss?" The owl asked. The Avorial had spent many past days chasing, a far too young Juku from his tavern, as she tried to slip herself some drink.

"S'good Strig! How's the wife and hatching?"

"Too energetic for my old tired feathers!" Strig replied with jovial laughter, before making his way back to work.

Juku sat back in her chair. Tipped the tankard of mead into her mouth. and watched the going-ons, in the bar around her.

F3E2A9

https://www.facebook.com/tabitha49

2The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Fri May 11, 2012 5:27 am

KeiraGaia

KeiraGaia

As Zora languidly strode through the dense forest in her feline form her whiskers and ears perked up as she heard rustling nearby. She followed the noises stealthily as she could and came upon a large bear, whose fur glistened and shone from the moons beautiful beams, then suddenly the bears form began to morph and there stood and Orakin female. Zora was stunned as she had never came upon another morpher like herself. She immediately began to follow the woman to the largest tree she has seen in her whole existence.

When the Orakin began knocking on the trunk of the Humongous tree, Zora was baffled as to what she was doing. When a door opened Zoras Feline mouth became agape her shoulders slacked.

When the Orakin began to enter the large tree Zora decided this was her only chance, she sprinted forward silently on her padded paws, and followed the woman inside then up a plethora of spiraled stairs wanting, bobbing and weaving anyone around that may see her.

When the Orakin woman entered a Tavern adorned with the name The Leafy Caterpillar, Zora sighed and hid in an alleyway as she transformed back into her Ter'Alkerri form, her long dark hair falling down her back and covering half her face, her limbs stretching and her chest and waist widening. Zora didn't very much like being in her natural form, to her the feline form feels more natural.

"Well i guess i should go in and at least try to socialize." Zora whispered to herself as she entered the tavern shoulders hunched and face hidden, taking her place in a lone seat at the back, looking out into the faces of the others around searching for the one she followed, and found her but when she did that woman looked straight back at her as well, and Zora then quickly looked down and began to panic not wanting to get into a fight, as she knew this race to be aggressive, while she was not in the least bit.

https://www.facebook.com/KeeraGaia91

3The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Thu May 24, 2012 12:39 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Juku brought her dirty, hairy feet to up to rest on the chair next to her. She leaned back in her own seat, gazing up at the heavens, as she tilted warm mead down her throat.

She sat like this for a few minutes, her only movements being to pour more alcohol between her lips. Then with out warning she Shifted her stare to across the room. peering at each patron in turn. Her eyes came to rest on an Alkerii sitting alone in a corner, hiding behind herself. A smile split Jukus rough lips and she made her way, carrying her tankard to the loners table.

The Orakin woman sat right down as if she had been invited. dropping her drink on the table, she made herself comfortable, going so far as to once again pick her not at all pretty feet off the floor to rest on a chair.

Once Juku has situated herself, she turned on the Alkerii with a grimaced smile, and said in a deep, friendly tone. "Names Juku, You must be new around here, cause I never seen you around before. And I've spent plenty of my time in this tavern." The orakin extended a thick, muscular hand, pale tan and covered in black hair, as a gesture of welcome.

4The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Thu May 24, 2012 8:24 am

KeiraGaia

KeiraGaia

Zora became very nervous at this Orakins unwelcome entrance, but extended her own long fingered hand to grasp the hairy Orakins and shook it nervously giving a small smile.

"H-h-hello, My name is Zora. I kind of followed you hear after seeing you morph from animal to Orakin. I never thought i'd ever meet another morpher in my life." Zora stated nervously glancing her eyes downcast towards the table.

Out of nervousness two cat ears sprouted from the top of her head as she is more comfortable in her animal form. This happened without her knowledge, and the cat ears twitched and fidgeted on her head listening to all the noises of the tavern. Zora noticed the ears when her hearing became more adapt and she immediately covered them with her large hands blushing profusely her eyes wide with shock.

5The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Tue May 29, 2012 7:42 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Juku clasped her callused fingers around the Alkeriis slender digits and shook up and down so vigorously the poor girls arm shook all the way up to her shoulder.

"Ahh, Thought I felt the fur on the back o' my neck standin' on end. You should greet some one, if you're gonna be followin' them around.

The Orakin did not look at all surprised when the feline ears emerged from underneath her companies hair. She Simply closed her eyes for a moment. Looking more peaceful in that moment then during any other activity in her life. And with out any other warning then a few seconds of silence, her pointed, torn ears sprouted thick black fur and rounded out just as bears ears are shaped.

"No need to hide, my bashful friend. You are amongst kin now. Here in Faedwark you'll will meet many folk who get their kicks runnin' 'round covered in fur and on all fours."

6The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Tue May 29, 2012 8:17 am

KeiraGaia

KeiraGaia

Zora gave a sigh of relief when Juko replied to her feline ears with kindness, sprouting her own bear like ears herself.

"I'm quiet sorry for being sneaky and reserved, i just have not had many people in my life i can trust as my own race kicked me out till i receive all the information of all the races in the world because i was different from them." Zora stated glancing her eyes downward feeling ashamed.

At her embarrassment her long cat tail grew from behind her and her eyes changed to a yellow the pupil became more slender and catlike. Zora noticed this and attempted to change back getting rid of her tail and ears but allowing her eyes to stay feline shaped.

7The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Tue May 29, 2012 8:24 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

"All The information huh? That's an awful lot, You sure you've got room in your head for that much?"

Juku fidgeted, Adjusting her large rear end on the wooden seat. She crossed her feet at her ankles and peered at her own feet. She wiggled her toes and watched some dried mud crumble and fall away. The Orakin was oblivious to the Alkerii transforming next to her. When it had just begun to seem as though Juku had entirely forgot she was in the middle of a conversation, her gaze shifted back to Zora.

"You want a drink? Ol' feathers over there will bring you anything you like" Juku announced. Then she lifted her own tankard in an expression of cheers and drank her ale. "I'll pick up your tab"

Last edited by TabiCat on Wed May 30, 2012 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total

8The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Tue May 29, 2012 8:37 am

KeiraGaia

KeiraGaia

Zora smiled nervously and shook her head in agreement on the invitation for a drink, starting to feel more at ease her eyes reverting back to normal.

"I seem to have a good memory, plus i keep as much info as i can in my journals i carry with me. Though I do see a problem occurring when the journals become full and i cant carry them all anymore." Zora stated giving a thoughtful look into the distance.

Then shaking her head and getting back to the present her attention back to Juko she asked Curiously, "So, anyway when did you find out you could transform into a bear?"

The question was asked with a nervous smile upon her face and a curious twinkle in her vibrant eyes.

9The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Tue May 29, 2012 8:52 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

"Find out?" Juku laughed. Her laugh was so loud it echoed through the trees. It was deep and rolled from the pit of her stomach. It was a Hardy laughed, that made a few other patrons in the bar burst out in their own giggles simply upon hearing it.

"I didn't find out, I spent years with this nose in books, and years more studying the great bears that live in these woods. And finally one day I could sprout a little nub of a tail! And the rest fell in place after that."

The Orakin signaled to the bartend again. The flustered owl made is way over their table carrying a second tankard of ale rather clumsily. He set the mug down in front of Juku and a few drops splashed over the side.

"Get my new friend here anything she'd like, Could ya Strig?"

Strig and Juku's attentions turned to Zora, both staring at her, awaiting her drink order.

10The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Tue May 29, 2012 11:12 am

KeiraGaia

KeiraGaia

Zora giggled softly at Jukos bellowing laugh, her mouth turning up into a wide smile her eyes lighting up with laughter.

"Oh, well i just sprouted feline like ears and a tail on my 50th year, and from that day forward I've spent most of my days as the wild cat I am able to morph into." Zora stated in a slightly less nervous tone then before.

When Juko and Strig glanced Zoras way, all attention on her, Zora became nervous once more her cat like eyes glowing a bright yellow.

"I-i... Well I'm not sure of the menu here, i guess uhmm, whatever you both recommend is fine with me." Zora stated nervously her eyes downcast with unease.

11The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Wed May 30, 2012 6:00 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

"Well Lucky you! Strong Magic Flowing through that lanky body" Juku said, giving Zora a friendly poke in the ribs, a bit too roughly.

Strig watched with kind old eyes as the shy girl stumbled over her words. When she finished the Avorial flapped his way around the table. He extended a feathered arm around the girls shoulders, and leaned in to speak, Until his beak was only a few inches from Zoras nose.

"Now there is no need to be shy around here little sister, We're all friends, or family, and all quite nice. And Don't worry about growing some new ears every now and again." Strig gave Zora a squeezing hug, and pulled his wing away from her. "I'll bring you some Mead, or maybe a Gin. Or how about a Fae wine?"

12The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Wed May 30, 2012 6:08 am

KeiraGaia

KeiraGaia

Zora meeped from the strong poke Juko gave her but straightened herself out and smiled shyle with a slight blush as the Avorial Strig hugged her saying nice words.

"I think Fea wine sounds good." replied Zora smiling kindly at the friendly Avorial, and turned her smile to Juko and poked her ribs back softer then the Orakin poked her.

Zora was starting to feel more at ease the longer she got to know Juko and her smile beamed brighter her eyes shining with happiness.

13The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:02 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Strig nodded, his plumage ruffling, and he trotted off to the bar to fetch the order.

Juku took no notice of the soft poke, from the Alkerii's slender finger. "I'm not from here either. But now I call this city home. How long are you staying? I could show you around."

14The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:55 am

KeiraGaia

KeiraGaia

"Well i have no where else to go, but i also wouldn't want to overstay my welcome here. I'd love to check out more of this amazing city." Replied Zora as she smiled warmly finally starting to break out of her super shy shell.

Zora waited as Strig went to go get her drink and sat there looking at Juko wondering what else to talk about.

15The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:16 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Juku sat up straighter. Her feet fell to the floor with a thud, and a few bits of dirt crumbled onto the wooden floor of the tavern. She sat with her elbows on the table, looking intently at Zora, with an excited expression on her face.

"There is much to see! caves, and crafters, and bards, and the waterfall! You seen the waterfall? Don't know how you could miss it!"

Strig bustled up to the girls table, interrupting the conversation. He placed three extraordinarily small wine bottles in front of Zora, with the minute corks already removed, somehow. "Fae wine" He noted as he set down a fresh mug of mead next to Jukus half full mug. "If only they could make it bottles our size, aye? .. Enjoy" The owl gave a slight bow of his head and departed from the table side.

"Thanks, Old man" The orakin yelled merrily at Strigs back as he walked away. "Where you stain' while you're in town, d'you get a room yet?" Her attention was back on the shy Alkerii girl, and a grin on her lips. "Those sprites fit an awful lotta alcohol in those small bottles." Juku mentioned having had her own experiences with the Fae's strong liquor.

16The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:16 am

KeiraGaia

KeiraGaia

"I was in my feline form till i got here, so i didn't see too much, must of missed that waterfall." Zora stated when Strig showed up and placed the three small bottles of Fea win in front of her.

Zora studied the bottle as she picked one up and smelled the contents and was pleasantly surprised at the sweet smell. She placed the bottle back down as Juko asked her another question.

"No i don't have anywhere to stay yet, Iv'e only just arrived when i was following you. the only place iv'e been into is this tavern." Replied Zora as she began to wonder where she would stay or if she would be welcome anywhere.

17The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:03 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

The orakin woman slide her chair across the wooden floor until it was positioned merely half a foot from Zoras own chair. "You stay with me! I got a nice house down on the ground, Its small but I'm sure you feel right at home" Her tone was friendly and welcoming.

Juku didn't consider that right at home for a Ter'Alkerii usually meant thick rock stretching in every direction. She just loved to make friends, Zora wasn't the first stranger the orakin had ever asked to spend the night, and she sure wouldn't be the last. Besides, While the tree city did have an Inn, it was common practice for the druids to put up travels in their personal homes for a night or two.

Juku extended a hairy, muscular arm and placed it around Zoras much more slender shoulders. "Tomorrow I will take you to the waterfall."

18The Druid City of Faedwark Empty Re: The Druid City of Faedwark Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:08 am

KeiraGaia

KeiraGaia

Zora smiled warmly just grateful she has a place to stay.

"I'm sure its beautiful i love natural made structures like waterfalls and beautiful rock structures." Zora stated as she took a tiny sip of her drink.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]