Rylencia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Role Playing Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rastanar, The Underground

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Rastanar, The Underground Empty Rastanar, The Underground Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:04 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

The winding streets form a maze through the darkness, and acrid scent drifts through the tunnels as the not so fresh water rushes through the series of canals built to provide the people with water, and cooling. a haze hangs in the air, swirling clouds of smoke from various sources mix at the peek of the cathedral ceilings in the tunnel system. many small buildings sit squished together on the sides on the narrow streets. Their windows are grimy and many have cracks running through them. or simply no glass left at all.

The people of this underground seem equally dingy for the most part. cloths are ripped and covered in filth. mothers keep there children close and men watch there backs. By day Refuges and those too poor to make it in Rastanar roam the streets, tending to there businesses and trying to keep the under City in order. By night The King of Thieves rules and Rogues stalk the streets.

Down here Every one knows every one. and anything can be found. A black market run by the Thieves guild can get there dexterous fingers on anything you might hope to come across. The Kings law has no hold down here. Chaos runs amok.

https://www.facebook.com/tabitha49

2Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:13 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

As she let out a slow breath the air formed a cloud of fog in front of her face, it slowly floated away and dissipated into nothing. Torches lining the wall were the only Source of light, in the large tunnel. The Small gray cat girl leaning against the wall underneath a small alcove blended in well with the shadows, Her skin tight black outfit furthering ability to sink into the darkness, Her tail flicked back and forth and she twirled a short dagger in her paw.

The underground was alive with people, going up and down the streets, running errands before dinner, or making there way into the tavern to her left to start a night of heavy drinking. Skantra just waited there, her back leaning against the cold, almost damp stone wall of the tunnel, one leg bent with her foot paw also against the wall, she peered through the shadows, her gray eyes piercing through the heavy dark and watching as the other citizens of the underground went along there business. She stood for an hour or so, being disturbed by no one. She watched a rather heavy human women dragging her 5 children along as she tried to get them to there home before night fully settled. she noticed in the far end of the tunnel a dwarven couple bickering in hushed voices for a while before the female stormed off and the husband made his way into the tavern shouting the barkeep for an ale. 5 minutes before night fall, Skantra watched a young Aur'Alkerri, still of toddler age run across the tunnel, followed by her father, The feline laughed silently to her self, then watched the young girl run back the way she came, still evading her fathers long arms out stretched trying to catch her. A third time Skantra watched the child run the length of the tunnel, this time stepping out of her Dingy corner and right in front of the girl. Skantra was barely taller then this child but her sudden appearance slowed the kid down enough for her father to catch her. "Thanks" was all the man muttered as he scurried away and disappeared around the corner.

A few second later, A loud booming echoed through the halls of the underground. the giant Clock tower in the center of the city was ticking off the 20th hour of the day, signaling night fall. Skantra sighed happily to her self, All the children now safe in there homes, it was her turn to roam the city, The families living in the underground, while comfortable enough to walk the street in the dark of day, don't dare leave the safety of there homes when night fell over the tunnels, This was the time The thieves and dealers came out to play. It was as if the last tick of the clock on this hour was a magical spell, the instant the last echo died from the rocky caves and passageways, every dirty, lying, Scoundrel suddenly appeared on the street, People looking for drugs, money, sex, stolen goods, illegal spell components, and other Not so law abiding items could now be found on every corner.

Skantra Strolled down the tunnel she had been stalking, now feeling much more at home, she made her way through tunnel after tunnel, knowing the passageways better then her own fur markings, finally she stood in front of two large wooden door, pushing one open she slipped inside of the entrance room of the Thieves guild. It appeared as nothing more then a large tavern, but Skantra knew deep within the guild sat the King of Thieves, resting in a large throne, surrounded by gold, and liquor, and nearly naked women. Skant slid into a chair she lost her self deep in thought as she imagined her self sitting in that thrown, She rested her elbows on the table. One day, she would be the king of Thieves, and all of this, the entire underground. would be hers.

3Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:09 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

In the very heart of Rastanar's trade district sat a large three story tavern well known to any who frequented the area as the Snarky Demon. The windows were ablaze with a comforting orange glow and the sounds of raucous laughter and song could be heard through the entire block. Along with a fair deal of shouting.
"Are you crazy Boss!"
This particular shout belonged to a very wide dwarf with a ginger beard and was delivered to a dark haired woman. Every one of the patrons of the tavern knew the woman as the reason for their joy while within the taverns wooden walls. She was the owner, operator, and on almost any night the one to laugh loudest and hardest along with the rest of those gathered in her establishment. At the moment though she was only laughing at the dwarf.
"I can handle myself Sturgis," Jade grinned. "I haven't been a child for a long time."
He cringed a bit at his name but continued on his tirade. "Come on we were robbed. It happens. You know what doesn't happen? A respectable business-lady going down to the Undercity to complain to the thieves guild. You know they don't have a great record of re-compensating people?"
"Respectable business women don't out drink ginger dwarfs like I did two nights ago," she smiled going through her bag and slipping a few vials from it into her pockets hardly listening to her compatriot. He was one of three patrons she had hired to work as bouncers when it became clear they spent more time at her bar then at their own homes.
"But it's dangerous down there," he continued stomping after her as she went to a side closet that held coats.
"I know it's surprising but I don't need the advice of Sturgis Bartholomew..."
"Please," croaked in a pained voice.
"Okay," she rolled her eyes. " I don't need the advice of the valorous Slowbeef. I'll do as I wish you just have to hold down the fort while I'm gone." She pulled out a tacky black trench coat trimmed with gaudy pink feathers. "I should fit in with this."
"Oh no. In that your bound to be murdered. Please listen to reason no one would take you seriously in that."
"That's the point. You don't know how valuable it is to be underestimated," she donned the ugly coat and made for the door. "Now I'm leaving and unless you want to pay up on your tab your not going to say another word."
Slowbeef glared at her but didn't say anything as she turned and walked out of the tavern. Glanced up and down the street before setting of in the direction of the nearest entrance to the Undercity. She kept to the shadows and avoided meeting anyone till she arrived at the doors to the Thieves Guild. She pushed them open and walked confidently into the tavern.
The Guild's inhabitants barely gave her half a glance and she walked up to the bar and ordered a drink while she took stock of those around her. She was looking for someone very particular even if she didn't know who. She needed someone she could approach easily, looked wily enough to be up on all the happenings of the guild, and had that glint of altruism that would lead them to help her if she asked. It was only a few moments before she zeroed in on a small gray Shir'Van sitting alone and looking thoughtful. She ordered a second drink and walked over to the woman putting on her friendliest smile.
"Hello. I hate drinking alone, and you look lonely. Here," she deposited the drink in front of the woman. "I'm buying. My name's Jade. How do you do?"

#00FF80

Last edited by Alopex on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

4Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:40 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

The cat girl strolled into the front room of the thieves guild like she owned the place, after all, she planned to one day. It was a large tavern with a bar running the length of the right wall, Small tables dotted the floor and more private booths lined the wall opposite the bar. The far wall had several doors leading deeper into the guilds expansive headquarters. 5 well armed and well trained guards stood in front of the doors glaring out across the room. The crowd was quiet and secretive, prefer to socialize in small groups. The Bloody Blade was open to any one who dared enter, but not to the thieves guilds dismay, their reputation tended to scare off outsiders.

Skantra made her way to her usual table and and sat back in her chair, propping her hind paws up on the short table, crossed at the ankles. She sat there lounging for only a few moments before a kejeek even shorter then herself scampered up to her and she was forced to resume a more Dominant position.

"Evenin' Ma'am" The sleek brown kejeek twittered in a voice that distinguished the salamander as a female.

"Vivalli, News." was all Skantra replied with in a bored, yet authoritative tone.

The shiny looking kejeek inclined her head with respect and leaned in close to the feline, lowering her voice. "Halruck says never, Lurstin say Absolutely and requests another meeting. Jordon paid 115 and the gnomes only 75." Vivalli dropped a heavy sac on the table in front of her boss and waited with an expectant look in her eyes.

"Thanks Viv." The cat said sounding slightly annoyed. She dug her paw into the pouch and scooped out a handful of coin which she trust towards her underling. The kejeek inclined her head again and backed away, disappearing to the rather large crowd of people filling the room. Skantra sat back in her chair again with a huge sigh mulling over the information she just received. It was only a few more minutes before another guest arrived at her table side, this one uninvited.

Skantra slowly turned her head to the side and peer at the new comer as if to question how this woman even had the nerve to sit beside her. She scooped her pouch of gold closer to her chest and raised an eye brow in cocky curiosity.

"Can I help you?" The young feline confronted Jade in a bratty tone. She looked disgustedly at the drink the woman had set down infront of her and did not touch it, Only stared back at the person invading her space expecting an answer.

5Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

If Jade was perturbed by the feline's aggressive tone she didn't show it. On the contrary she just grinned wider and reached into her bag pulling out a rectangular brown package and placing it on the table in front of the shir'van. It was heavy and hit the table with a metallic clunk.

"I'd like to hire you for a little job. It pays well," she gestured at the wrapped gold bar. She took a long drink from her glass giving the woman a chance to look the package over. "That's only half, you'll receive another bar when you finish. And it should be a fairly simple job. I want you to retrieve a letter from the safe in the back room of the Snarky Demon Tavern. It should be a easy job, just last night another thief robbed the tavern. Though they didn't make it into the safe and just took from behind the counter. I'd suggest you find whoever did last nights job if you need advice."

She took another drink considering the cat before her. "Oh, and don't read the letter. Just bring it back here to me."

6Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:58 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra glanced at the payment being dropped on the table before her. Her eyes not widening at all as she glanced dully at the wrapped bar. Inside she twanged with desire and could barley contain herself from grasping the gold in her paws to prove its authenticity.

"So, you just waltz into the guild, uninvited, and think you can simply request my services? As if I don't have a life, or other jobs more important then some silly letter, for some silly woman?" The feline looked Jade up and down, really taking her appearance in for the first time and sizing her up. She thought the woman's body looked fit an agile under her atrocious jacket which the cat girl was convinced she could not be wearing as a serious fashion statement.

"Give me more information about this bar, and I'll consider lending you my professional skills." Skantra leaned back in her chair again and raised her feet to the table, a show that she was threatened by this woman. "Why do you want me anyway?" She inquired nonchalantly, however she was slightly perturbed at the idea of some one she has never met recognizing her.

7Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:19 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Jade smiled relaxing back into her chair and crossing her leg over her knee. She could see that the woman was hooked by the gold bar but scared. Friendly wouldn't get her any further with this one it was time to act a bit more professional.

"It really wasn't that hard to pick you. There are currently ten thieves in this tavern. You, two men and a woman at the bar, the bartender wearing the suit, the kejeek sitting in the corner, the two girls sitting three tables behind you, the gnome to my 5 o'clock, and the dwarf to my 9 o'clock asleep on the table. I can tell because none of you are guarding your pockets. Everyone else is obviously afraid of being robbed but you ten are safe because the number one rule of the thieves guild is to not steal from a fellow thief. The dwarf is asleep so enough said about him. The bartender's suit is made of fine Hijiori Mons silk, and any thief with a cushy job in the guild hall must be an old hand and probably a bit out of my league. The three at the bar have had between them 11 drinks since I came in and don't seem to be slowing down, I don't want to employ an alcoholic. The kejeek in the corner is as removed from others as he can be, a textbook loner who would go quietly with the guards before asking for advice from the man who successfully robbed the bar last night. The two girls are far to happy and keep looking around in awe, I'll bet they've only been in the guild two weeks give or take. And the man over there hit on me the moment I walked in and hasn't stopped giving me eyes since, I'd rather not deal with a cheesy thief. You have a commanding presence and seem like you own the place, you handled your business with your fence discreetly and professionally, yes I was watching, and you on top of refusing my drink you've been drinking water all night obviously alcohol isn't your problem."

Jade took a sip of her drink watering her throat after her long speech. "The bar's in the heart of the trade district. Tonight the only person watching out for security is a dwarf that's sure to have been drinking since noon. It belongs to an alchemist of some ability so I'd expect something in line of chemical defenses. The thief last night stole a rare antique music box made on Spekrog before the raise of the Lich's army. Also you won't receive your pay if you kill anyone at the bar."

8Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:27 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

She sat completely still, only her eyes moving as her gaze darted around the room, falling on each person in turn as Jade described every detail in the room.

If Skantra we're any one else her fur covered jaw would have hit the floor. She stared at the woman sitting across from her, and nodded with slight approval.

"Alright." the cat girl said simply. "If I can find time, I'll get around to it. How can I find you when I'm finished?" Skantra slid her paw across the table and pulled the wrapped gold bar towards her, before picking it up an dropping it in the bag full of coins the small kejeek had delivered to her.

9Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:57 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Jade smiled at the thief before her. "Great, glad you excepted. I'll be back here same time tomorrow night, and if you're still busy I'll keep coming for at least a half hour every night."

She drained her glass and stood to leave but turned back a moment latter. "Oh I almost forgot," she said. "I never got you're name."

10Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:02 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

"Did you need to?" Skantra stated simply. She stood up from the table signaling to the end of the conversation and turned on her heels towards the back of the tavern. Without a farewell she strode towards the doors between the guards and stopped immediately inside to lean against a wall. The feline waited a few moments until Jade had left the bar, and she slide back through to door into the crowded front room of the thieves guild.

Skantra Climbed onto a stool at the bar fashioned for a more average size gracefully. Her tail flicked back and forth behind her in a relaxed motion. "Barnicus, Who did the Snarky Demon in the last few nights?"

The bartender was a young human man, with blond hair and a slim waist. He was the normal night bartender in the thieves guild and always very well dressed. He flashed Skantra a smile with only one side of his mouth, and placed a glass of milk down in front of the cat girl even though she hadn't ordered one. Skantra nodded her thanks and dipped her muzzle to meet the edge of the glass. "Some one who just arrived in town, not one of ours, I'm not sure if any one even got his name. I guess he was just looking for a quick job to support himself for a bit longer. He's already skipped town. He sold something to Willamina just this morning." The bartender nodded his head towards one of the girls in the tight knitt group around a table in the middle of the bar when he mentioned Wilamina, one of the thieves guilds fences.

"Thanks Barnicus." Skantra smiled politely and slide her glass of the counter. "Nice suit tonight." She added to the man. She strode purpusfully towards the group of women, hardening her face to a more authoritative exsperession.

"Ladies." She said rather loudly, over the threes giggling, and placed her hands on the shoulders of the two she stood behind. "I need Miss Wilaminas company if you wouldn't mind?" Skantra asked needlessly, she could of simply told these women to scram and they would have jumped too. The two women to either side of her stood up with out a word and walked away. Skantra slide into one of their abandoned seats, placed down her drink and folded her arms on the table in front of her. "Wilamina, How are the hatchlings?"

The Avorial woman sitting across from the feline had a rather awkward shaped body, her skin was pale and her feathers were brown, her blunt bill was bright orange. The guilds fence, who looked very much like a duck let out a soft, excited quake. "Oh-oh-oh They are doing fiiine!" The new mother squawked happily.

"Good to hear, I'll have to see them when they are a bit older. I heard you bought something this morning I may be interested in. From an outsider?"

"Yes-yes-yes!" Wilamina chattered as she dug in the bag sitting on the floor at her side. "He didn't seem to want too much for it, which is always nice for me." The avorial placed an ornate music box on the table between to two women.

"Excellent." Skantra flashed another polite smile, and reached out for the box.

"Wait-wait-wait, Mind if I ask why you're interested? It's an awfully nice box, I've been considering taking it home with me all day."

Skantra had to hold her self back from rolling her eyes, this was a normal tactic of the duck womans to try and weasel a few extra coins out of customers. "It is indeed." was all she said as she dug around in her n bag to retrieve a rather large handful of coin. Skantra tossed the coins across the table towards the woman and smiled wider at her. "I know that's more then enough, Consider it our usual 'between us' fee."

"Pleasure-pleasure-pleasure doing buisness with you." Whilamina scooped the coins up and held them very close to her beak as she examined them.

Skantra snatched up the music box and delicately placed it into the bag she was carrying. She finally completed a much needed eye roll and let out a long sigh as she walked away from the avorials table. The feline glanced around the tavern and caught eyes with Vivalli. She locked eyes with here and nodded slightly to let the kejeek girl know to wait here for her. A moment later Skantra pushed through the from door of the tavern, leaving the smoke filled bar she was met with the acrid smell of the underground, and the feline drew a deep welcoming breath.

11Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:28 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Jade smiled after her new thief as she went off to the bars back room. After her tail had disappeared through the door Jade turned and strode purposefully out of the bar. She turned and walked into the first dark alley that offered a bit of privacy. She took off her ugly jacket and dumped it into a garbage can before pulling a vial out of her pocket full of a blue black liquid. She uncorked it and drank it down in one gulp.

Once the impersonation potion hit her belly the changes began. Her hair changed to a bright orange and grew curly. Her body bulked up and shrunk down to 4 or so feet till her clothes were nearly bursting. She had planned ahead and worn a tunic and pants loose enough to allow for her new shape. She pulled out a small mirror and looked at her new face. After some difficult potion brewing she looked like a female Slowbeef and secure in her new face walked back into the bar.

Her thief had come out of the back room and was talking to the suited bartender. She waddled up to a seat one away from the woman and plumped herself down on the stool. "...Skipped town," she heard him telling her thief. "He sold something to Willamina just this morning." "Thanks Barnicus. Nice suit tonight." She stood and walked over to the table with the giggling girls.

"Hey bro," the bartender said moving over to Jade. "Want a drink?"

"A rum," She murmured. She was watching her thief in the bar's mirror but didn't want to look like she was so she struck up a conversation with the bartender.

"So, hows business been tonight," she said watching the thief from the corner of her eye and through the mirror as she talked to a duck-like avorial.

"Lousy," he murmurer. "There's no talent here tonight. Well we had nice little Asian number a little while ago but she left and everyone here is either below my standards, ungetable, or a dude."

"What about me," Jade smiled.

"Dude," he grunted. "All dwarfs are dudes. Science has been unable to locate a dwarf vagina in all the subjects studied. It's all just hair and broke pelvises. True story."

Jade laughed as she saw the woman pass her thief her own beloved music box. She smiled glad she wouldn't have to break whoever stole it's legs just to get it back. The way her eyes had lit up upon seeing her gold she knew that the box would be hers at their next meeting.

12Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:02 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

After leaving the bar Skantra wound her way through the streets of the underground, enjoying the familiarity of the scene around her. The people all dressed in dark clothing, many had hoods pulled down over their faces. They gathered together in small groups on street corners and dark allies, speaking in hushed voices to one another. Every so often Skantra would interject herself into one of the small gangs and join the conversation before moving on. a few fellow thieves the shir'vhan knew from the guild scurried up to her and they would exchange packages or news. She found herself at a steep staircase that disappeared into the darkness over head. Skantra fumbled with the glove she wore on left hand and produced a rather large key chain with keys of every size and color dangling from an enormous silver ring. Her dexterous fingers flipped unconsciously to the key she would need and she made her way through a door set a few feet away from the stairs. she slide the key smoothly into the door handle and turned until she heard the soft clink of metal on metal.

Pushing the door open she slipped inside, and closed it behind her. A single torch burned, bracketed to the wall, dimly illuminating a small room filled with wooden chests. A store room used by the thieves guild for various things. Skantra quickly found her own chest nestled near the back wall. As she walked across the room, winding her way between the strewn about boxes her fingers played over the key chain again, this time selecting a much smaller one. She Flung the lid open and dropped in the bag containing god coins and the music box she just bought off the duck girl. She pulled out an enormous pile of red cloth and dropped it in a pile next to the chest. After making sure her belongings were safely locked away again She stood and sorted out the heap of clothing. She pulled on a very thick, heavy, red robe, and a matching conical hat. Skantra stood to admire herself in a mirror tacked to one of the walls for a few moments before letting herself through the door again, and locking it behind her.

Skantra ascended the stairs, making her way to the wooden trap door in the ceiling. She pulled herself through into the tunnel on the other side. And rare orakin with all 4 arms, and a gruff looking Rakaphit sat together several yards in front of her. As far as Skantra could tell, having only just walked in on their conversation, The Rakaphit was telling a story about his time spent on a ship, and the she-rats he met in port towns. The orakin was laughing; deep and throaty. As the trap door shut, both guards glanced in Skantras direction. They nodded in unison and the feline gave a friendly wave as they acknowledged her identity, before returning to their story. Skantra made her way past the guards and up the tunnel to a stair case where she pulled her light weight through another trap door and into a dirt cellar. As she climbed yet another ladder she wondered if Pralk was home and still at a pub.

Through the last trap door, she emerged into a dirty kitchen with atrocious flowered wall paper. Silently Skantra wound her way through the house dilapidated, noting Pralk, passed out in an overstuffed armchair with several bottles of mead laying empty on the floor as she passed through the living room. She slid quietly out the front door and strode off down the street. She found her way through back streets, preferring not to be questioned by a guard as to why a young mage girl was wondering the streets alone in the middle of the night. Around 1 o'clock in the morning she found herself at her own front door. Skantra let herself inside with yet another key from the massive ring that she again produced from her leather glove. Stripping herself out of the cloths she had just pulled on, the feline fell into a mess of cushions in the corner of the small house wagon she called home and drifted off to sleep.

Skantra waited three days before attending to the the job she had been contracted for. She spent the time running other errands and attending to her various businesses. Her meeting with Lurstin went even better then she had hopped and she spent the second night dancing her way through a crowded tavern room, cutting she many purses as she could manage to celebrate the new partnership. On the third night after her meeting with Jade, Skantra Pushed through the doors of the Snarky Demon, She had only been here a few times as it was far on the other side of town but she knew a tavern lay out well enough to have no problems picking out the dwarf sitting at the bar with a weapon hanging from his belt and a fairly sloshed expression out as a guard.

The feline was once again wearing the red mages robe and hat, her favorite disguise when she was in Rastanar, and the reason for her nick name in the underground. 'The rouge rogue' was all many of her fellow thieves knew her as and Skantra preferred it that way. She clambered onto the tall stool with some difficulty due to the gaudy robes and ordered a tankard of dwarven ale from the woman behind the bar.

"Hail." was all she grunted in a muffled voice towards the dwarf sitting to her left.

13Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:00 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Jade sat and watched Skantra leave the bar finishing off her drink. She dropped a coin on the table for the suited bartender and stood to leave. She walked outside into the cold underground darkness. The tunnel was alive with shady people rushing to and fro on various illicit errands. She grabbed her coat from the garbage can and put it on.

She took out another potion and downed it before making her way into the crowded underground. As she strode through the masses her body and face changed till she was herself once again. It had been a while since she had come down here so she decided to stay in the undercity a while longer. She wandered along through the main black market tunnels browsing all the illegal goodies.

Jade bounced from dilapidated stall to dilapidated stall shopping like a true pro. Her throat was soon hoarse from haggling and her bag was bulging, filled with illegal and dangerous chemicals, destructive magical artifacts, evil weapons designed to be as inhumane as possible, and a few curiosities that she barely even knew what to do with.

After watering the underworld economy she returned to the surface city to check in with her employee. It was nearly dawn and the Snarky Demon was closed so she went to find Slowbeef at his home. He lived in a small apartment a few streets away from the bar. Jade slipped into his building and padded down the corridors to his door letting herself in with a key he had given her.

Slowbeef was asleep facedown amide a tangle of blankets. Jade stepped through the clutter of his apartment and poked him. He grunted and rolled over a couple of times but she just kept poking him and eventually he awoke bleary eyed and yawning.

"Hey," she said watching him wince from how loud her voice was. "I'm going to be away for the next couple days. Tell the other employees and take care of the place."

He stared at her squinting. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to relax a bit," she smiled. "Don't tell anyone that shows up about me. Just say you own the place."

"Right," he was on the bed and nearly asleep the moment he'd said this. Jade shrugged and left, this would be a good chance to relax maybe spend a few days at a spa.

14Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:12 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra fingered the handle of her ale before picking it up and swiveling around on the bar stool, she leaned with her back against the edge of the bar and stared out across the room. Her gray eyes slowly slide over every inch of the room, taking in every minor detail. She profiled the patrons one by one, A few middle aged men drinking around a game of cards, A rather large rowdy crown of gnomes here taking up several booths. A Group of young girls giggled together while a rather shy looking Bal'alkerii hung around the outskirts, seemly looking for the courage to approach the gaggle of women. Several more people sat drinking, or chatting with friends. The tavern seemed to have a warm, fun feel to it, much brighter then the types of places Skantra preferred to hang out in.

Again she turned on her stool, Her sleek furred tail flicked lazily across her red robe lazily. she glanced over the various bottles lining the wall, noting the bar was well stocked and probably had quiet a bit of money laying around. There was a door behind the door that had to lead to the back rooms, And some where the Safe that she was prepared to crack.

Skantra was slightly put off by the dwarfs extended silence. She rather convincingly pretended to gulp deeply from the tankard that had been set on the bar in front of her. The feline nudged the dwarf with a boney elbow and motioned towards the ale with her chin "Some pretty good drink in here." she grumbled.

15Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:16 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Slowbeef gave a start and turned to Skantra bleary eyed. "Oh... Sorry was a bit lost in my brew," he slurred. "Yeah it's the best in the city. And I can drink all I like." He puffed out his chest importantly. "I'm head of security at this tavern and currently the substitute manager. The big boss is away on business and I'm the only one trustworthy enough to take care of this place and all it's beautiful booze."

He drained what was his twelfth mug of beer that day and probably his fiftieth since Jade had left him in charge of her beer stores. He got up on the stool on his knees and leaned over the counter with his hairy ass half hanging out of the back of his pants. As precariously balanced as he was he was still able to poor himself another mug from the tap before falling back onto his stool.

"So whats your pleasure? I own this place for now."

Last edited by Alopex on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:12 pm

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra was relived the dwarf had finally decided to return the conversation. She dropped her tankard to the bar a bit too roughly, and ale sloshed over the side to pool on the wood. The feline had drank only a sip, enough to make her breath smell of booze and no more. She has been, discretely as possible pouring, her ale under the bar stool on the side opposite the dwarf. So now her tankard was nearly empty. She Slurred her speech and leaned in towards the dwarf as she spoke, as if she couldn't maintain her balance.

"More ales always my pleasure, and who better to drink with then very dwarfy dwarf." She jabbed Slowbeef in the ribs with her elbow and hiccuped, her eyes rolling into the back of her head slightly as she did so.

Skantra raised a furred paw to motion for the bar-tend. "Another ale for me, and another for my new drinking buddy too!" she said, her voice much louder and more rowdy sounding then usual. She continued slurring her words, and jabbed Slowbeef yet again, flashing him a toothy grin.

17Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:06 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

"Here! Here!," he declared exuberantly. The bartender a serious faced human man wearing an apron brought two more mugs and set them down in front of the two of them rolling his eyes at Slowbeef. "What Hark," he grunted at the bartender. "She left me in charge remember?"

"Probably to have something to hold over you," he grinned. "I'm keeping track of all the expenses since she left. If you'd like to know your tab has doubled what it was before." He moved away to help another group of customers leaving the ginger dwarf grumbling.

"I'm in charge," he mumbled drunkenly to himself. "This is my place now. I can drink all I want. So?" He changed his tact instantly turning to Skantra with a smile. "Is this yer first time at the Demon."

18Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:24 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

" So who runs this place when you are on vacation?" Skantra inquired, playing to the dwarfs ego. The Shir'vhan made a good show of gulping from her stein, with out actually drinking any. She fidgeted slightly in her feet trying to get more comfortable, she slumped sideways and leans against the very solid dwarfs shoulder. She feigned a hiccup and her eyes rolled upward to look Slowbeef in the face.

19Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:20 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Slowbeef downed the ale Skantra had ordered for him and laughed. "The boss lady's a real piece of work," he rumbled. "If I ever figure her out I'll be sure to tell you. I mean four nights ago this place was robbed and a bunch of stuff behind the counter was taken. The next day she's going fucking bug nuts talking like she's going to burn the whole underground single handed. I'm scared she lost it you know but then she decided to take a spa weekend. All women are crazy."

He shook his head after this rant staring into his before realizing what he had said and grinning sheepishly at Skantra. "Well she is," he stammered. "You on the other hand are a queen among chicks."

20Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra forced out a cute giggle and pat Slowbeef once, hard on the shoulder. "You flatter me good dwarf" she jested, and then continued in a sweet near patronizing tone. "Well since this bar is yours tonight, and I myself have been pondering the investment of purchasing my own establishment. Maybe the big boss man could give me a tour of the place, help me see what I might be getting myself into." Skantra smiled over her shoulder at the dwarf and pretended to drink deeply from her ale mug.

21Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:09 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Slowbeef laughed heartily. "Well I guess I could give you the once over," he said giddily. "Just let me get another drink first." He leaned over the bar once again filling his mug till sudsy beer overflowed onto the floor.

"To new ventures and positions," he cried raising his glass in toast."

22Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:32 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra slid off of her bar stool and her footpads landed lightly on the floor. While the drunken dwarf leaned over the bar to procure himself more alcohol, the cat girl emptied her tankard in the puddle of ale that had already formed under another patrons seat. Her ears twitched with eagerness as she waited for Slowbeef to lead her through the door into the back rooms. She knew she would be able to coax the dwarf into taking her back there.Then half of her work would be done for her.

"Thank you so much!" Skantra trilled in an over enthusiastic voice. She trailed behind the ambling dwarf as he made his way around the bars main room. "This is so exciting! Surly you will have free drinks in my tavern, good dwarf."

23Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:15 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

"Here, here," he cried enthusiastically. "Free drinks!"

He yelled this for himself, excited by the prospect of a bar that would offer free drinks, but was surprised by the roar of joy that echoed around the bar. He hadn't intended for the rest of the patrons to think that they could get a free round. He received a couple pats on the back from patrons as they rushed to the bar. Slowbeef caught a glance of Hark and his sister Darla behind the bar glaring at him before the flocking patrons obscured them.

"Um... Lets get to the tour," he mumbled. "First here is the door. It goes to the back rooms come on."

24Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:34 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

A wide grin split the cat woman's lips. The tip of her lithe tail flicked with excitement. She quickened her pace as she padded after the bumbling dwarf. The pair waded their way through the small sea of people that had surged towards the bar at Slowbeefs mistaken announcement. Skantra was jabbed in the ribs with a sharp Rakaphit elbow, the felines upper lip twitched with the hint of a snarl and she very quickly cut the rude and drunken patrons coin purse with a small dagger she expertly retrieved from a strap on her thigh in the blink of an eye. Another blink later and the dagger and the purse was safely concealed in a deep pocket of her robes. After dropping the purse, her fingers played across the edge of a wooden box that she could feel through the fabric inside the pocket. Her safe cracking tools. The thought of what lie ahead worked to calm her. Skantra took a deep breath to settle herself further, in preparation. Slowbeef pushed his way through the crowd, uttering slurs at either the customers for being so unruly, or at him self for misspeaking, Skantra was unsure which. The dwarf slide behind the bar and let himself through the door beyond. Skantra quickly slipped though the door behind him and into the hallway. She let the heavy wooden door shut, dampening the loud barroom they had left behind.

25Rastanar, The Underground Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:39 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Slowbeef pushed through into a small hallway. At the end of the hall was a large door, with a pair of double doors to the left, and a smaller door to the right. Slowbeef stumped to the center of the hallway and held up his hands taking in the hallway.

"Now this is the hallway," he slurred. "This is the center of the operation, everything comes through here. You're gona want to get a hallway. That door there," he pointed to the large door at the back. "Is the back way. We mostly use that for deliveries. Over here is our cellar," he went to the smaller door and opened it to reveal a flight of stairs going down. "See it's got stairs and everything. We got tons of old booze down there. Like really old, a lot of it's over 200 years old and I even found a bottle of 600 year old wine. And then over there," he shut the cellar and walked over to the double doors. "We have the kitchen." He lowered his voice. "Don't get freaked out by our cook hes a cool guy just looks funny."

He opened the door to a long kitchen that was fully stocked with all the best food preparatory equipment you could find. Scuttling around to the various stoves and prep tables was a monstrous little creature that looked like a shrimp capering around on two human sized bowed legs. Erupting out of his chest was a dozen or so spindly arms with delicate humanlike hands at the end except the top two which were larger and ended in claws. He turned toward the newcomers catching them in his wide black eyes and waving his antennas at them.

"What do you want Slowbeef," he chittered. "I'm working here. I don't have time to entertain you and your drunken girlfriends."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next