Rylencia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Role Playing Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rastanar, The Underground

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:46 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra forced a soft blush to her cheeks, just barely visible through her short fur. She stumbled, appearing drunk, as she walked into the room and let out a fake giggle while she greeted the bars cook "Hey there! We don't mean no harm sir, Mr. Dwarf here is just showing me around his establishment." her voice sounded light and merry. She gave a friendly wave to the man with a furred paw.

As she stood in the room she quickly glanced around, on her way in she had stumbled on purpose as an excuse to look around more. She noted two small windows and another door in wall to her left, a pantry she assumed . The kitchen was indeed impressive, large and stocked full of cook wear and food, though not the cleanest.

Skantra sloppily took a few steps back, and started to turn towards the door the dwarf had just lead her through. the cat girl was eager to find the office with the safe, and to lose her tour guide so she could get to work.

https://www.facebook.com/tabitha49

27Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:44 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

"Hold up a second," Slowbeef slurred. "I wanna show you how much money this place makes. It's totally insane."

He trundled off to the small door passing by the shrimp-person. The man who's name was Crickshlip after the strange way he spoke scuttled aside emitting a series of noises like clicks and slurps. A few snatches sounded almost like language as Crickshlip rapidly uttered a hundred curses toward the rude little dwarf. He turned back to work taking knives in half his hands and different vegetables in the other half. His arms moved slicing the ingredients into bits before throwing them in a pan.

Slowbeef nearly walked into the door before he remembered the handle. He yanked it open revealing a small room beyond it. It was a neat little room with a mahogany desk, a chair, and two filing cabinets. It was very impersonal bearing no decoration or anything telling of the owner except for a portrait at the back of the room depicting a very elaborate map of the city.

28Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:55 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra gave a polite night and a grimaced half smile to the Bizarre looking chef as she, feigning inebriation, stumbled past him and towards the dwarf, and the office beyond.

The cat girl slid around the bulky dwarf and slipped into the office. Skantra thought it looked too impersonal and assumed who ever own the tavern did not spend much time here. Which was good for her, the last thing she would want to work around is the boss hanging around all the time.

Skantra grinned at Slowbeef and jeered sounding playful "This is nothing too impressive, Your boss doesn't look that well off." Her tail flicked around in slow bored circles as she discreetly inspected the office.

29Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:27 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

"Heh," Slowbeef laughed. "You don't know what your talking about. Come lookie here."

He ambled over to the desk falling into the poofy armchair. He yanked open a draw and pulled out a black notebook and opened it held it in front of her. The pages were dated as four days ago and three days ago. The first page from four days had nothing more than the word profit and a 4 digit number on it all written in a precise handwriting. The page from three days ago had childishly drawn math equations crammed into every corner and toward the bottom a circle around the word profit and another large number.

"This is how much gold we make a night," Slowbeef declared proudly. "This is the first night I took over." He pointed to the messy page. "I'm not that good at math. The boss usually just figures all the profit out in her head. Are you good at math? If not you're gonna want someone good for you place to take care of this."

30Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:58 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

"I'm pretty good at math" Skantra replied absent minded as she started to push Slowbeef towards the door they had just come through. The cat did not want to spend too much time in the office and raise the suspicions of the chef out side. Before they left the office Skantra delicately wiggled a silver ring off her furry left index finger. She dropped the jewelry and watched out of the corner of her eye as it rolled across the floor.

"What else is there to see?" She asked the dwarf sounding interested.

31Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:11 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Slowbeef turned and stumbled out the door and through the kitchen. "Well there's the second floor. It's got a lot of rooms for guests on it."

He trundled through the kitchen rising a new round of clicking from the chef who was frying chunks of beef, kneading dough, and cutting vegetables.

32Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:16 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra gave a half-hearted wave to the Shrimp creature as she half pushed Slowbeef towards the door leading into the hallway.

"Oh, Well I know what rooms look like. Lets check out the ale at the bar again." She steered the wide little man down the hallway and she slide onto a bar stool. Skantra raised her paw "Two dwarven stouts!" She hollard towards the women tending the bar.

33Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

"Oh yeah," Slowbeef belched picking up his ale and gulping it down. "Being a tour guide is thirsty work."

The bartender watched Slowbeef guzzle his drink. "You know we really don't appreciate runs on the bar with no warning," she said. "But don't worry I kept track of expenses and added it all to your tab." She smiled and walked down the bar to serve other customers, leaving slowbeef to mutter curse under hid breath.

"When you get your place you definitely want cooperative workers," he slurred to Skantra.

34Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:22 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra was only sitting at the bar for a few moments when two mugs of ale were set down in front of her. She reached towards a handle with her paw, Then jumped up in surprise, slipping off her bar stool.

She waves her grey paw in Slowbeefs face, pointing to her empty fingers with her other hand. "My ring is gone!" She half shrieked, feigning anxiety. "I have to go find it! Don't worry yourself, I'll only be a minute. Here have my ale." The cat girl slid her full tankard right under the dwarfs nose and with out another sound she picked her way through the crowded room and disappeared through the door to the back hallway once again.

Entering the kitchen, Skantra flashed a worried looking smile towards the odd chef standing at the counter. "My ring" she said, in explanation of her sudden appearance. "I think I dropped it in the office" She walked as she spoke, and skittered through the office door before the Aquatic abomination man could protest.

Leaving the door open, as to not rouse the cooks suspicions Skantra hurried over to the painting hanging on the wall. The Map was the only obvious place for the owner to hide a safe behind, and sure enough, after only a few second of prodding the frame. The picture swung away from the wall.

Skantra paw plunged into a sac at her waist. She produced a box, too large to have fit into the belt pouch. Placing the box silently on the desk, the cat girl flipped the lid open and set to work.

A silver Stethoscope snapped comfortably into her ears, as her nimble fingers were already turning the dial on the safe. Her other paw gracefully slide the end of the hearing device over the door of the safe as Skantra searched for the sweet spot. Once she found it, There were only a few more seconds of fiddling, and the safe unlocking with a defined "Snap".

A grin slip her lips, satisfied with herself, Skantra pulled a few strange looking instruments out of the box the stethoscope was stored in and quickly canvased the lock box for traps. Satisfied that there were none she could disarm from the out side. Skantra stood off to the side, a few feet away, and swung the safe door open. At the same time, she leaned down to pick up the silver ring she dropped on the floor before leaving the office the first time.

Skantra slipped the ring onto her finger, and neatly put all of her tools back into the box, before returning the large box to the too small pouch. She Turned to the safe, to retrieve the letter, hoping the chef standing only a few yards away would believe she had been searching for her ring the entire time.

35Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:21 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

The portrait that the safe is behind is a map of Rastanar but no map Skantra would recognize. It's hand painted with impressive skill and appears to be a few hundred years old depicting the city as it was back then.

Upon opening the safe a great cloud a blue gas erupts out of it. Just the barest whiff would make Skantra drowsy and a deep breathe would put her to sleep in a second. The gas is coming from a blue stone set on the bottom shelf. on one of the middle shelves is the envelope that Skantra's here to get. However the room is rapidly filling with smoke and in no time it will reach the door and vent into the kitchen.

36Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:05 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra cursed silently the second she noticed the accumulating cloud, and knew she had very little time. She clapped the overly thick sleeve of her robe around her muzzle and held it there with one paw, trying to hold her breath as long as possible. With her free hand she reached through the haze and grabbed the only envelope out of the safe. As quickly as she could with out making a sound, she closed the door of the safe to prevent any more of the smoke from drifting out. Still trying very hard to not inhale the cat girl slide the picture back to its original position.

Despite Skantra's attempt to not breath, the feline was starting to feel a bit woozy. She cursed to her self again, and made towards the door of the office, after shoving the envelope into a pocket. Before she was at the door, she, continuing to hold her breath, took her paw and sleeve away from her mouth. She tried to exit the room looking as casual as possible. Pulling the door shut discreetly behind herself. Skantra hurried towards the door leading back into the hallway. She flashed a smile to the chef and pointed at the ring she had returned to her finger. "Found it, thanks" she informed him before slipping through the door.

She let out a soft groan and pinched her muzzle between her eyes with her thumb and forefinger, curing herself for not being more careful and planning the job better. After all, she wasn't a kid any more, she couldn't afford amateur mistakes.

Skantra made her way back into the main room of the tavern and lost her self in the crowd. Making her way back to the bar, she took up the still empty seat next to Slowbeef and grinned at the sloshed little man. "Found it" She repeated, pointing again the the silver ring.

37Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:22 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Crickshlip grumbled as Skantra bustled past him letting out another string of curses. He went about his business but found himself yawning after she had passed him by and went about his cooking slower than usual.

At the bar Slowbeef was continuing to chat up Skantra though at this point he was slurring to bad to even be understood. As soon as she had reappeared he had wrapped an arm around the cat's shoulder and commenced his dribbling speech preventing her from escaping with hurting him and drawing attention to herself. The female bartender Dalia saw this and strode over to the couple deciding to check up on the shir'van who was obviously distressed by the drunken dwarf clutching her like he was.

"Is everything all right here," she asked giving Skantra a smile and scowling at Slowbeef.

38Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 pm

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

"Yeah, just fine." Skantra replied, sounding slightly distressed, she wriggled around, trying to free herself from the drunken dwarves grasp. Finally his arm slipped free from her shoulder and she ducked under his flailing appendage as he tried to get another grip on the cat girl.

Skantra took a few steps away from Slowbeef and flashed a smile at the bar-tend. She stood and brushed herself off, peering around the tavern, as she waited for the woman to go help another patron.

Another Dwarf had wandered up to the bar at some point, and was throwing back tankards on Slowbeefs tab, as he entertained his host with a tale of his life in Dar'Grin. Skantra grinned when Dalia finally had her back turned. She walked towards Slowbeef, thanking him for his company and drink. When she was close enough, She swept her footpaw out and caught one leg of the stool the dwarf was balanced on. Tugging her foot back she found the dwarf was too heavy to topple with her leg alone. Letting out a quiet sigh, she leaned in to give Slowbeef a polite kiss on the cheek. A cover that let her place her hands on the seat of the stool and push as she again tried to pull the stool out from under Slowbeef with her leg. This time Skantra was successful. Dwarf fell into dwarf, and ale tankards were sent flying, spilling their contents everywhere.

The dwarf that had been telling the story did not take kindly to being pushed off his stool, and even less kindly to his beer being spilled everywhere. With out a moments hesitation he curled his fat little fist into a ball and punched Slowbeef right in the nose.

A Bulldog Cainood with temperament issues that had also been sitting at the bar, had been splashed with the flying ale. All too unpleased with his fur dripping with drink. He too threw himself into the small brawl now taking place on the floor of the tavern.

Now, two dwarfs and a bulldog fighting isn't exactly the most controlled fiasco, hard fists where flying in every direction, and as was inevitable a few stray punches hit people that had been standing a bit too close. Soon, a Saurian man, with a ridge on his head, and a long tattooed appendage growing out the back of his skull, a human man, who looked like he had been sleeping under a bridge for the past decade, and a very scrappy little gnome woman had joined the skirmish.

In the cacophony that followed Skantra, very much unnoticed now, slipped out of the tavern. She ducked through well memorized alleyways and made her way down the twisting and turning back ways of Rastanar. Congratulating herself on a job fairly well done, as her feet carried her back to the door of her house wagon, were she slipped inside safe and sound.

39Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Thu May 10, 2012 10:47 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

The day after Skantra’s big heist found Jade floating leisurely in a pool of crisp blue water. She was where she had been the last three days, The Bird of Paradise, a resort and spa located in the mages district and run by the mages guild. From the outside it appeared to be a windowless building the size of a city block with a pair of wide double doors at the front. However you need only step inside to find yourself on a broad boulevard leading to a hotel complex that very well could have been larger than the mages district itself. The resort had everything that magic could provide including an artificial sky that was always by day a beautiful sunny day or by night a magnificent starry night.

Jade was wearing a deep blue two piece bathing suit and of course her necklace bearing her stone. She was at peace floating in the cool water under a false but very warm sun. She took a deep breath and dove under the water. She kicked her legs and pumped her arms enjoying the feeling of all her muscles working in perfect harmony. Though it had been hundreds of years since she had shed her elderly body, she had never lost her wonder of having a young strong body teeming with energy. She dove down to the bottom of the pool and when she could touch the bottom rolled in the water to look up at the surface. The water was breaking up the sun and throwing it into shimmering streaks of light.

Jade smiled at the simple beauty before kicking off from the pools floor. She rocketed through the water and broke through the surface gasping for breath. She surveyed the poolside and was pleasantly surprised to see a familiar face. Standing at the small poolside bar speaking casually to the bartender was her own bartender Hark. He saw her head appear above water and waved to her. Jade grinned and started swimming toward him at a good pace. She got to the pools side and lifted herself up out of the water.

“Hello Hark,” she said walking not to him but to the chair that her towel was on.

“Hi Jade, you don’t look surprised to see me here,” he said suspiciously following her.

“Well obviously you’re here to see me,” she replied toweling herself off. “Which isn’t surprising; we’re good friends and coworkers. And you know many of the places I would go if I were to take a sabbatical. It’s perfectly expectable that I would see you.”

“Ah well glad we cleared that up,” he grumbled. “Then did you also know that Slowbeef would fuck up the whole bar if you put him in charge? That we would be robbed again while he drank all our booze, hit on innocent girls, and started a huge fight.”

Jade simply grinned at his outrage. “I didn’t expect him to start a fight. He’s usually such a sweet heart.”

Hark gaped at her in surprise for a moment but he had known Jade for years and had a pretty good handle on her eccentricities. “So you’re responsible for the robbery?”

“I had a hand in it yes,” Jade shrugged. At least I did if the only thing taken was that employment form.”

“It seems you’re on top of things,” Hark sighed. “I had to break up that fight you know. A crazy little gnome girl bit me.”

“Well that I didn’t plan for, and I’m sorry,” Jade apologized wrapping an arm around his shoulders. “Come on I’ll buy you a drink.”

She led him to the bar and they sat around for a while talking and sampling the resort’s best drinks. After Hark left, Jade went back to her room and packed up all her stuff and sent it off to her tavern with messengers. She had a feeling her vacation was over. At 8:00pm sharp she left the resort as she had done every other night at this time and a little before 9:00pm she arrived at the Thieves Guild bar.

She walked in flaunting her pink feather lined coat and the inhabitants milling about decided that she was a small fry and ignored her. As she walked up to the bar she was hailed by the suited bartender. She had been here the last few nights waiting for her thief who she now knew was named Skantra, and had gotten to know the horny bartender Barnabus a bit. Men like him were enjoyable company once they were put in their place and once she was finished with her business perhaps she would give some thought to a one night stand with him.

“Hey there beautiful,” Barnabus declared walking over to her stool. “So is tonight the night?”

“I hope so,” Jade replied. “As much as I enjoy the atmosphere in here, I’ll be glad once Skantra shows up and we conclude our business.”

“I meant is tonight the night we go find a quiet place to curl up together,” he quirked an eyebrow at Jade.

She simply smiled. “Now Barnabus, I’ve told you I need to be sure you can handle me first,” she puckered her lips in a cute fashion; an expression she had spent years perfecting and believed had the perfect degree of seduction. “Besides that bodysuit you like is here again.”

She nodded her head in the direction she knew the woman in question was sitting in. She was a kejeek wearing skintight black padded armor and a helmet with full face mirrored glass plate. It was impossible to make out even the color of her scales dressed the way she was.

“You don’t understand,” Barnabus stated as he had many times the night before when she had been here. “A woman like that represses her sexuality wearing a getup like that. If you can get it off all that bottled up lust will explode and you’ll find yourself faced with a carnal animal.”

“And after she has her way with you, I’m sure she’ll fashion a very nice wind chime out of your genitals,” she laughed.

40Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:14 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

For Skantra, Undressing was a process. First the thick, heavy layer of chain mail wizard robes, her perfect disguise. Her dagger sheaths, each had two small silver buckles, having to be undone individual. Her black leather corset had its own line of shining buckles, before she could unwrap it from around her waist. Her black shin high boots followed the rest of leather onto the pile. She peeled of the skin tight spandex cat suit next. Finally her Bra and panties where the last layer to be removed.

Skantra stretched, and scratched her sharp claws through the dark grey fur on her sides. She looked at the rather large pile of cloths that now took up the majority of her small living room, and decided they could be dealt with in the morning. Skirting the laundry she sat down on the floor in front of her wood stove, and worked at building up the fire. When the fire was roaring and warm, Skantra filled a kettle with the last milk she had, and set it to on to boil. As the flames licked the kettle and milk warmed, Skantra waved the stolen envelope over the steam rising from the spout.

She was wondering to her self all the possibilities this envelope could hold. With a flat tool she had grabbed out of her thieves tools, she carefully lifted the wax seal from the parchment envelope, and set it aside. As the envelope unfolded in her paws, Skantra began to read, her eyes darted over the paper, and she fell backwards, into her pile of clothes, on of her palms slapping her own forehead.

Skantra slid the papers back into place, and using the outside of the boiling kettle to heat only the underside of the wax seal, as to not destroy the imprinted picture, She stuck to seal back, perfectly in place. Skantra stood, and yawned, completely exhausted. She had no idea how she was even still awake. She poured the hot milk into a mug, and took it to bed.

Skantra slept like a baby that night, and well into the day after. for 18 Hours she slept, long even for a Shir'vhan. When she finally awake, the sun was nearly set, and her mug of milk sat cold on her night stand. She had fallen asleep before taking even a sip.

She went about her morning routine, yawning far more then a person who just lest 18 shoud, and some how takook even longer to don her outfit, then it took to undress the night before. She yawned again as she locked up her wagon, and made her way to The Theives Tavern.

As soon as she walked in she spotted the mysterious woman in the horrid pink feathers. Vivilli scampered up to her, and before she could speak Skantra spat at her "Eggs, Sausage, Pork, Toast, and Milk." Her stomach had been rumbling the entire walk through the underground, she was starving. The small brown kejeek simply nodded and left to fulfill her bosses order.

Skantra made her way to the bar, she nodded at the bartender, who always made her feel rather uncomfortable. She climbed onto a stool next to Jade, and dropped the envelope down in front of the woman. "A test?" She said almost sarcastically, with a raised eyebrow and quirked smile.

41Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:01 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Jade was just finishing her first drink when Skantra entered the bar. She didn’t need to do anything so obvious as turn to see but watched her thief in the mirror behind the bar. Even in the reflection Jade was able to take note of several things; the slight droop of her eyelids, the slump of her shoulders, and the almost unnoticeable drag in her step. In addition to these was, much more noticeable, Skantra’s general grumpiness.

“I think I would like a martini Barnabus, shaken,” Jade added almost as an afterthought to the bartender while Skantra talked to her associate. The suited gentleman gave her a smarmy grin and began mixing the drink. He poured the gin and vermouth into a silver canister and closing it up began to shake it hard. Once he was finished he poured the concoction into a glass and added in two olives speared on a toothpick.

Jade took a sip as Skantra sat down and drooped the envelope before her. She looked down at the letter and over at the cat for the first time since three nights ago and grinned. She reached into her coat and pulled out a small vial of creamy liquid. “You’ll want this. That gas dissipates in the air fairly quickly, but it stays in the system for days. This’ll neutralize it,” she placed the vial down in front of the thief.

42Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:35 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

"One of the more clever traps I've dealt with, but I'd say your security is lacking." Skantra grumbled in the woman's direction. She snatched the small vile out of Jades hand, uncorked it and took a small sniff. The feline cast a sideways glance of suspicion towards Jade, and slipped the antidote in to a pouch, with out even a thank you.

"What this supposed to be about?" Skantra asked, fingering the envelope, knowing full well what the letter was meant to intend. When Skantra skillfully peeked at the contents the night before, she discovered the object she had been hired to steal was nothing more then blank working documents.

"And, I still expect the other half of the payment" The Shir'vhan slouched on her stool with her elbows planted on the bar, her tail hanging limp and motionless behind her. Skantra felt exhusted, her her thoughts wandered back to the small vile laying in one of her many belt pouches.

43Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Jade smiled sipping her drink. "Your right I do have an agenda. As you've already guessed I hired you to rob my own bar for two reasons. Though I'll get to one of them in a bit. The first reason is the music box."

Jade swirled her olive around her glass as a haze of memory came to her. The music box in question had been given to her many years ago in Spekrog. Those years had been full of intellectual exercise unlike anything since she had spent her first life creating the stone. The work she did with the scientists who lived there had sparked something deep in her core, a fire for learning and testing the limits of her knowledge. She still remembered the cities filled with buildings of steel and glass taller than anything but the tallest towers here in Rastanar. She thought of the morning sun coming up and throwing those buildings into glimmering towers of orange light.

It had been on one of those mournings, on a windy rooftop thirty stories up with her friend, an avorial woman named Kirken. They had were in the middle of one of their favorite pastimes of arguing about which science was superior alchemy or tinkertonics. Jade had just described the beauty of smell, how numerous chemical reactions in the nose took in tiny particles and translated them into fragrances that the brain could understand. Kirken laughed and pulled out the musicbox and Jade's stopped her argument with the simple beautiful sound it produced. "I'd like to see alchemy produce a sound as beautiful," he had said handing the delicate thing to her.

It was a few years after that that the stories of a massive army of undead under the command of an evil master Lich first began to circulate around the continent. It wasn't long before it became apparent that the Lich's army threatened war against all the living inhabitants of Speckrog. Not wanting to get mixed up in a war with the undead Jade left Speckrog planning to return when things settled down. She had never expected the technological wonder of Speckrog with it's beautiful cities of glass to be utterly smashed by the cold dead hands of the Lich's forces.

"That musicbox is an heirloom," she lies smoothly. After so many years of lieing she doesn't fear that Skantra will be able to call out her falsehoods unless she were a telepath of considerable ability. An edge creeps into her voice as she goes on. "I'd like it back very much. I hope that you know something of the thief who stole it, I'm willing to pay for any information you can give me. If you don't I'll pay you, conclude our business, and search elsewhere. Nothing will keep me from that box."

44Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:10 pm

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra shifted on her stool, the tip of her gray tail flicked to the side, the first sign of life it had shown all morning. She looked up Jade with her eyes serious, and her mouth tight, her business face.

"Alright, So that's one before, and one after..." Skantra's eyes fell to Jade waist searching for the pouch holding the heavy gold bar that was her payment. a moment later her gaze flickered back to meet the woman's.

"How about One more, for some reliable information I may have picked up in the last few days." Skantra paused, taking half a second to note Jades expression.

"And If that information is indeed as reliable as I promise it to be, and you are able to have your box back... You pay me a fourth. "

45Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

"Well that is a very reasonable offer," Jade kept her expression pleasant and joyful. She reached into a pouch on the back of her belt and pulled out two gold bars wrapped in newspaper. She slid the two packages across to the rouge.

"Of coarse if you're information turns out to be very good, I may decide to give you two more bars," she said this nonchalantly like two bars were nothing because it was nothing.

46Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:10 pm

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

A small brown slimy Kejeek skittered up to Skantra's right side, Since jade was sitting to the felines left. The girl was carrying a large tray, which she slide onto the bar top next to Skantra.

"Thank you Vivilli. Aren't you supposed to be meeting with some one for me in about 20 minutes? What are you still doing here?"

The salamander girl squeaked and her eyes bulged slightly. "Yes, of course, I'll be on my way" Vivilli inclined her head ever so slightly to Skantra, and then to Jade, before turning on her heels and scurrying out the doors. Skantra watched her assistant leave. Skantra liked the girl. She felt Vivilli showed promise. But who ever got anywhere when everyone was nice to them.

Skantra turned back to Jade and pulled her tray in front of her. She picked at a link of sausage, and drank a sip of milk before she spoke. "You're music box was stolen by a man who wanted nothing more but some quick coin. He split town almost immediately after he pulled the job on your bar." Skantra paused for a good minute, while she pushed food around with her fork, eating a few more bits of sausage. She yawned, and again thought about drinking Jades antitoxin, but drank milk instead.

She continued. "before leaving he sold your box for, I'm sure, Far less then its worth." Skantra reached into a pouch on her waist, and pulled out the music box, which was bigger then the pouch it had been in. She placed the box on the counter with a smug grin on her face "I bought it from that person. for 5 gold, Which I'll also expect to be compensated for. "

47Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Jade smiled politely to Skantra's assistant but paid little attention. She took a sip from her martini and glanced over to where Barnabus was trying to working his magic on the body suited kejeek. Jade chewed on one of her olives wanting to laugh as the kejeeks just stared at Barnabus like he was carrying something contagious.

She turned back to Skantra as the rouge began her explanation of the thief who had stolen from her. She nodded taking in the information and running it through her brain figuring out what she could use. However as soon as Skantra produced her music box she smiled.

"That is very good information," Jade almost purred. She ran a finger across the top of the box grinning. Out from her pouch she produced not two but three more gold bars and passed them over to Skantra. "Good work deserves a particularly good reward."

She picked up the box and turned the wheel on the side. When she released it the sides opened revealing the intricate gears within. A soft simple series of bells tinkled musically. It was a beautiful sound just as that first evening so many years ago.

"It's seems I employed a very skilled thief," she grinned to Skantra. "You have my thanks."

48Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:04 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

"And you have mine!" Skantra replied, sound far more delighted then before. She scooped all of the gold bars into a bag, that did not get any bigger or heavier, even though the solid bars were not small, or light.

Skantra didn't know why any one would be so interested in a box, but she didn't worry about it. She had what she wanted, and aside from being unusually sleep was no worse for wear. With her purse full, she realized how empty her stomach was and she pulled her breakfast tray closer. As the feline worked her way through pile after pile of meat. Her tail flicking around behind her.

49Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:11 am

Alopex

Alopex
Admin

Jade sat back letting Skantra eat her meal. From the way she dug into the plate of food she definitely looked like she needed a good meal. Jade sipped her drink watching the now happy cat, it was surprising how much happier a few pounds of gold could make her. This was good as Jade wanted her happy for her next proposal, and thinking she was rich helped endear her to the thief.

"Now about what else I want from you," Jade said once Skantra began to slow down on her breakfast. "I'm in the market for a partner of sorts. I need someone with talent to help me with my bar, Slowbeef is really just a bouncer who works for free drinks. The gang wars are heating up in my area again and no matter how many times I've dealt with them in the past they keep coming back. I've got the alchemists guild splintering and for some reason I'm the one they've turned to for help. Not to mention about a hundred other things. I thought this music box theft was something more but it just goes to show I have so much on my plate that I'm letting things slip. I need someone dependable to help me, someone intelligent, and someone who can get things done. As you've seen I can make it worth your while, and it isn't just gold. I have influence with some of the highest powers in this city I can help you in ways no one else can."

50Rastanar, The Underground - Page 2 Empty Re: Rastanar, The Underground Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:59 am

TabiCat

TabiCat
Admin

Skantra hardly paid attention to Jade rambling on beside her. Sleeping for nearly 20 hours left her with a hell of an appetite, and she found it hard to be interested in anything but her breakfast. Until the word alchemist rung in her brain, and her ears twitched, swiveling in Jades direction, as Skantra took an interest in the conversation.

Skantra silently agreed to herself, that she did indeed have every trait Jade was looking for. But the feline could see straight through the woman's attempt at flattery. 'Influence with the highest powers in the City' intrigued the shir'vhan however. Skantra loved to stay out of trouble.. Which is very hard for some one that works in the particular line of work that she does. Being able to pull in a favor at the right time would always be a wonderful thing to have in a back pocket.

"So. You send me through that test of yours. Decide I'm an improvement on that lump of dwarf meat, and assume that because I smile at a bar of gold, I would just agree to work for you?" Skantra didn't even bother to look at jade as she spoke. She stared down at her food tray, partially because her eyelids were too tired to look any higher. Her tone sounded almost bored, and overly snarky.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next